Good Day, Party Time, Bridge Work, New Proposal

Hey there everyone, I hope you are doing great on this Tuesday!  My Tuesday has been going pretty good, I made it to the gym but didn't get everything I wanted to do in but I will get to more in the next day and then I was hanging out with a friend for awhile.  I didn't do a whole lot today but that is fine, there were some things I wanted to do today but I didn't because I got busy playing Madden and I have been catching myself doing that a lot lately.  Need to stop doing that when there are things that I need to get done.  I hope to get better on that in the next few days.  I met a guy that lives in my apartment complex that is in a wheelchair and we are going to hangout sometime soon, he just moved here so I will help him around town, where to go, places that are more accessible and where to stay away from.  Columbia needs a lot of help to be more inclusive and accessible but it is better than a lot of places.  Maybe I can get a job doing some ADA stuff around town.  So anyway, let me get to it!

History Day!  Found a cool thing to read about on one of my favorite sites, Listverse.  It has to deal with defunct political parties in America.  Hopefully you all know that there have not just been two political parties throughout the history of the United States of America, there have been many more than most people realize with a few of them only lasting for a few years.  A few are even shorter lived than that.  Our founding fathers never envisioned there to be political parties that would divide the people of the country, which is what they have done, especially now.  They wrote about how parties or factions, as they called them, would rip the nation asunder and they felt that was the reasons behind the civil wars of England and didn't want to see it happen here.  I think that if Ben Franklin or George Washington could see the country now and how politics work then they would be extremely upset with how we have conducted ourselves.  They would also be wondering why there haven't more civil wars because of the two party system.  If we are going to keep the party system then hopefully there will be a good third party soon.  Libertarian-ism seems good, I agree with a lot of things that they stand for and have voted for a few of their candidates.  Maybe something good will come out soon.  Today I have two webpages to share, here is the first one from Listverse; http://listverse.com/2019/06/11/10-influential-us-political-parties-that-disappeared/; here is the second one; https://www.history.com/news/founding-fathers-political-parties-opinion

One of the busier bridges in Columbia is going to be shut down for about 2 months, this started on Monday at the AC exit.  I used that bridge when I would go to the south part of town so that way I would miss all that traffic and lights.  Now I won't be able to go that way until sometime in the middle of August.  It just sucks for the people that live and work in that area.  One thing that will really suck here in Columbia is when they decide to work on the I-70 and 63 interchange, that will be a nightmare for people around there and that is not too far from where I live.  But overall I am glad that Missouri is doing this work on the bridge, they are working on other bridges across mid-Missouri.  Our infrastructure has been ignored for way too long in this country and it's about time we start paying attention.  Here is an article on that bridge closure; https://krcgtv.com/news/local/columbias-grindstone-parkway-bridge-closes-for-repairs

I would like to propose a change to our union as I think there is a something that needs attention and I hope people take this seriously.  This is something that should be put to a vote of the people and should pass or fail with a simple majority, 51-49.  Because of the changes that the state of california has implemented recently has shown how far they are from the rest of the country and we should be able to vote yes or no if we should keep the state in the union.  I am not sure how to start this process off but I would be behind it 100 and help to get it passed.  I remember from when I was in grade school they told us that california would just slide off into the ocean.  Why hasn't that happened yet?  It would make this much easier.  Please, take this into consideration.

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!













































Comments

Popular Posts