Good Day, New Baddies, Next Project?

Hey there all, I hope the middle of the week is going great!  My day has been good, had a good quick workout, had a late start to the day today but tried not to let that stop me too much.  I worked out for about 40 minutes, which is good I guess.  Then a little later I hung out with a new wheelchair friend and showed him around town a little.  He wanted to learn more about wheelchair basketball here so I went to introduce him to the coach of the MU team but he wasn't in, he will be back next week.  Showed him the ARC where he can at least shoot around a little.  May go up there to play sometime soon.  Those were the only things I really did today, don't have any doc appointments until later in the month so I'm good on that.  So anyway, let me go get to it!

MCU Day!  Since the end of Endgame we have all been asking, what's next for the MCU, where do we go from here.  Two of the original six are dead now and one has walked into the sunset, who are we going to focus on and who will be the next big bad that will bring everyone together?  There was recently a person on Reddit who thinks they may have the answer, this person goes by the name TheMarvelScoopMaster.  This person could be telling the truth or making something up whole cloth, we don't know until it happens or Feige says something about it.  They say there will actually be two threats, one on Earth and one in space.  The Earth threat will be Norman Osborn and the space one will be Michael Korvac.  Osborn is the one that is probably more known as he is a big Spider-Man villain and Korvac is probably less know but did have a few big comic runs and is very formidable.  I like Osborn to be the Earth bound threat but I am not sold on Korvac, I think the cosmic villain role would be better with someone like Galactus.  I'm just a big Galactus fan, not as big as a Thanos fan but still.  Anyway, here is that article I found this from; https://www.screengeek.net/2019/06/09/mcu-phase-4-villains-rumor/

Kinda seems like a slow news day, nothing I really wanted to talk about on here so I am going to talk about myself a little more and some feedback would be nice.  So now that I have hit a serious roadblock on the Viking book I was working on, I am brainstorming other ideas for alternate history topics to write about.  As I said before, I want to stay away from any WWII or Civil War topics for alternate history as I feel those have been done to death.  Not saying that any of those stories by different authors were not any good, I just want to focus on parts of history not talked about as much or times that are not known as well as others.  So what do you think I should work on next?  I was thinking about a story of what if the Mongol empire survived to present day or what if America had won the Vietnam War decisively.  Out of those two which do you think I should talk about more?  I know which one I have more knowledge about but I would like to see what the fine people that read this blog think.  America "winning", winning in Vietnam was so subjective and would be very hard to define, in Vietnam is going to be a lot more complicated and take a lot longer to research and write as the Mongol stuff would be a little easier since I studied some Mongol stuff in college.  I was also thinking about something with Hannibal, you know, the guy who marched across the Alps with elephants to attack Rome.  He was one of my favorite military leaders from history and I would have loved to hear his reasoning for taking giant war elephants across mountains and how he thought that would be a great idea.  Plus, think about it, he lost a whole lot of men and elephants in the mountains and what would have happened if he didn't lose all those soldiers and supplies.  He could have conquered Rome and history would have been a lot different than what we know.  That's why I really like alternate history, the what ifs of history, thinking how things would have changed if just this one decision went different, how would we be different today.  It could be as simple as someone not being born or someone dying at a younger age.  What would Germany have been if there was no Adolf Hitler?  If there was no WWII then America would be a lot different as we probably wouldn't have gotten out of the Great Depression so early.  Technology may not have progressed to where we are now.  So much could change.  But anyway, let me know what you think I should work on next.  Thank you in advance.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a grea day or night, take care!



































Comments

Popular Posts