Good Day, More Tariffs, D-Day, New Realm

Hey there everyone, I hope your day is going great!  My day is pretty good, I made myself breakfast again today and it was really good and I made it to the gym.  For breakfast I just made myself three over easy eggs, they were actually really good.  Then I went to the gym and did a good 30 minute workout, I am only doing 30 minute workouts on Tuesday and Thursday so that way I don't totally wear myself out during the week.  I did over-do it over the last few days as I have been doing a lot of work on my triceps and think I over-did it a little bit.  Almost any way that I move my arms my triceps hurt but not too bad, it's not like I pulled something or anything.  So I might actually not go to the gym tomorrow but if I decide to go then I might not do as much, at least not any tricep workouts probably.  Just depends on how I feel in the morning.  Which I am really tired today for some reason so I want to go on and get to it so I can fall asleep!

Tariffs are in the news a lot lately and the more recent tariff news has to do with Mexico.  This last week President Trump has said that he would slap a 5 percent tariff on Mexican goods unless the government gets serious about cracking down on all the migrants that come through that country on their way to America.  What I hate about this is not the threat of putting tariffs on products from Mexico, it is the blow up by people who are not thinking about this in a strategic sense, that by making the threat then Mexico will get more involved in helping to stop illegal immigration, it's really a win-win for us.  The president was never really going to put tariffs on Mexican goods, this was to just get the Mexican authorities to actually do something about all these people coming through their country on the way north.  And if you think there is nothing that Mexico can do about stemming the tide of people than you are dead wrong, there is plenty they can do.  To allow all those migrants to come through their country they first have to turn a blind eye at their southern border and then allow them to travel all the way to the American border.  I am not totally sure how long of a trek that is but it looks to be very far.  And this seems to be working as Reuters has reported that Mexican soldiers and police are at the southern border stopping or arresting a whole lot of people coming from Central America.  So it seems that President Trump's threat worked, just like I thought it would.  This is just smart business.  Here is that article I found this story at; https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-meets-migrants-southern-border-233725731.html

So today marks the 75th anniversary of D-Day, a day where liberty and freedom triumphed over tyranny and oppression.  Most historians and myself included know that D-Day was not the turning point of WWII but if it wasn't for those landings at Normandy then the war would have went on for a very long time before the Soviet Union got wore out.  Some in Russia today are saying that we are not giving their country enough credit for helping to end WWII and the threat of the Nazi regime but those in the know do give the Soviet Union all the credit it deserves while the men that fought during D-Day deserve just as much praise.  It was many years ago when I found out what the D in D-Day stood for and it made me laugh at that time, probably because it was so redundant and our military can be very redundant.  The D stand for Day, so it is basically saying Day Day, meaning that this was the day that would help to decide WWII.  I like this designation myself.

This is something I had missed a while back, Facebook is getting in on the cryptocurrency market and it looks like it will be coming out very soon.  Don't really know a whole lot about this but I just caught this little story and thought I would share, this is all the info it had on the story; https://www.yahoo.com/news/facebook-reportedly-launch-cryptocurrency-month-151219198.html

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great night or day, take care!






























Comments

Popular Posts