Great Day, Not Much Star Wars, Israel Chooses, More Gun Control Talk, New Threat?

Hey there all, I hope the start of the week is going great for you!  My day has been good for a few different reasons and one of them I cannot explain exactly.  The ones I can explain is a good workout and I think that is what I am about now, going to the gym and being in better shape.  I feel like I have gained back a lot of the weight I lost there, maybe not all the way back to 180 pounds but very close to it.  I have asked some people the last few days if they think I look like I have gained most of my weight back and they think I have.  So I guess I will stop going to Sonic and getting a peanut butter shake everyday and I didn't get one today, mostly because I did not go by Sonic today.  I also got back into my cards, haven't messed with them for awhile now.  That felt good.  So overall I would say it was a good day.  Oh, I also got an interview on Wednesday at Planet Fitness, which is good since I am there all the time I should get paid.  So anyway, let me get into it!

Star Wars Day!  Don't really have a whole lot to say about Star Wars right now, just waiting on some new news regarding Episode IX.  I cannot wait for there to be a trailer so we can all see what is happening in December.  Anyway, here is an article talking about Star Wars stuff; https://movieweb.com/star-wars-9-rumored-title-skywalkers/

As some of you may know, Israel is having an election for their government and one person who is running to be elected is their current Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.  A lot of people do not like him as he, as a few people have pointed out, acts a little like President Trump.  So that means the political left in this country do not like him.  Now I cannot talk about the policies of the man but I can say that he has helped to keep Israel safe for the last few years since 2009, he did also previously hold that office from 1996-1999.  He is considered to be of the old school Jewish leaders, like Ariel Sharon before him.  He is a very interesting person and I remember reading about him in college during my Arabic studies and has some good stories.  Now he was born after the birth of the Nation of Israel, in 1949, so he is not considered old school in that sense.  I know that this election is very important to many people in this country but it is not as important to me since I am not Jewish or follow Israel politics that close.  But if you can, as I was saying before, read about the man if you can or even want to hear some stories from his life.  Here is a page that has some info on the elections over there, enjoy; https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/elections

Here is something I ran across and thought I really need to comment on this.  It has to deal with the Holocaust and some people saying that gun regulation did not have any effect on the beginnings of the Holocaust.  Before I even read this article I had to say something about the title.  Gun control was and is a huge method of population control.  No matter what but if you take away the ability for the population to defend themselves then you can do whatever you want.  So without reading what this article is about, those are my thoughts.  Now I will read it and comment further.  Ok, after reading this I was a little off when reading the title.  I do not believe and never have that gun control is what made the Holocaust worse or was a main reason behind it.  The person writing a paper on this basically said that even if the Jews had risen up with their own firearms that they would have been put down by the German military.  Yes, there were roughly only 214,000 Jews in Germany at that time and would not have been a big enough force to beat the German military.  So basically I am not saying and never have that gun control was a reason for the Holocaust because the reasons why the Holocaust happened is a lot more complex than just saying it was because of gun control measures put on them by Adolf Hitler.  As the article points out, yes Adolf Hitler was a big proponent of people who owned firearms and tried to keep them in the hands of every German that was not a Jew.  So I may have jumped the gun a little on this issue.  But here is a good article on this, if I haven't bored you enough already; https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2019/apr/08/viral-image/no-gun-control-regulation-nazi-germany-did-not-hel/

So far there have not been any reported cases where I live but there have been 587 reported in the country and it is very resilient.  It is a fungus called Canadida Auris and has been hanging around at hospitals or other health faculties.  It affects people that are already sick or have weakened immune systems, so I need to watch out.  This is the first time I have heard about this but it does sound pretty serious and something that needs to be watched.  Here is an article on this; https://6abc.com/health/what-is-candida-auris-and-do-you-need-to-worry/5239425/

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!



























Comments

Popular Posts