Nice Day, Pumped Up, Sea Peoples?

Hey everyone, I ope you are having a great Saturday!  My day was good , it was pretty busy as well, got a few things done today.  I made some good money this morning driving and have gone over my goal by a little over $30.  So that was good for me.  When I made it home, it was real nice out and decided on going for a nice push around the new neighborhood.  Did not get to meet any new people but did push on some of the golf course, this summer I want to push the whole golf course.  Not sure how long the course is but I will find out.  I did find out how far it is from my apartment to the office, it is .33 miles, not too long but there is a part of a huge hill.  I did go up the major hill here on Clark Ln., it was very long and very steep.  I pushed up both forwards and backwards, by pushing backwards you use a different muscle group which is a little larger since your bicep is in that backwards push.  The forward push uses mostly the triceps, the front shoulder and forearms and forearms are a smaller muscle group so it takes a lot more effort.  It looks as if I can roll to a nearby restaurant and a Sonic, so that's cool.  I also started writing my first blog post for my history blog called History in a Chair.  So, let me get into it.

I am sooooooo pumped for Avengers: Infinity War and cannot wait until Thursday.  As I had said before, I am staying away from all social media that has to deal with the movie, I do not want to see any movie clips or anything more.  I am starting to get even more pumped for the next Avengers movie, which comes out a year later.  That next movie, it has not been named yet so we just call it Avengers 4, has some really great ideas that could be happening.  From some things we have learned and seen, there seems to be a time travel element.  I am really hoping for this to happen in the next one because that could bring the X-Men and Fantastic Four into the fold with the Avengers.  One of the reasons why I am such a huge fan of what Marvel Studios have done is this, the X-Men have been huge players in Marvel comics for many years and sometimes have been voted as the best property of Marvel but Marvel Studios, without using the X-Men, made a smaller comic character in Iron Man a household name.  Basically, Marvel Studios, did a whole lot more with a lesser known character in Marvel.  That is also something that weighs down on the DC movies, they try to beat us to death with their most popular characters, when those characters of Batman and Superman, do not need that kind of attention.  If DC movies could do something good with a lesser character, like Marvel Studios did with Iron Man, then they could do great work with Batman and Superman.  Show me something good with Hawkman or Martian Manhunter and then I would be more hooked on those movies.  The sad thing is, DC has the two most famous comic characters in the world.  Quite a few years ago, before the internet became as huge as it is, there was a survey on most recognizable symbols in the world and Superman was 2nd behind the arches of McDonalds, that goes to show how big Superman is.  Please make a good move DC.

I am not going to write as much as I would like about this subject because I am going to save that for my history blog but I want to say a few things about it.  One of the largest invasions in the history of the world is the Sea Peoples at the end of the bronze age or roughly between 1276-1170 BCE.  The invasions of these peoples, who we really do not know who they are or what area they came from, were completely devastating for many of the ancient kingdoms of the time.  The main kingdom affected by this onslaught was the Egyptians but the Egyptians were victorious in the end but the Sea Peoples had wrecked enough by that point.  The big contention for all these centuries later is, who were these mysterious people, from where did they come?  We are still no closer to figuring out who they were as we were over 2,000 years ago.  If I had to guess I would say that they were the remnants of the Phoenicians but that is a very simplistic view of this situation.  Just because the Phoenicians were extremely good at sailing and how to fight naval battles and wage war in foreign lands does not make them the prime subjects alone.  A huge amount of data has to be gone over to figure this ancient mystery out, what I like to call the oldest known history of civilizations.  Anyway, here is a good article I stumbled on earlier, it is from Listverse, a website I am a huge fan of; http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1Fh3Xr/:G9$4YAXJ:WKdGdV.0/listverse.com/2016/06/06/10-theories-regarding-the-sea-peoples

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a wonderful night or day, take care!




























Comments

Popular Posts