Doing Good, Not Taught History, Infinity War Talk, No Big Deal

Hey everyone, I am back.  My day went pretty good, only did a few rides on Uber and seen my psych today.  I did a psych eval, it was pretty easy but I am wondering what my results would be.  I see her again in two weeks so I will find out then.  Doing alright, love the new place I live in, it is so far above where I was at, especially as being more accessible.  I have not had the chance to use the amenities here like the hot tub or sauna but I hope to soon.  Not going to play golf here, not even sure if they have an accessible golf cart, if they did I would be able to play, not really interested in that though.  Way more of a football guy, can't wait for the draft coming up soon.  Well, let me get onto it.

So yesterday was a history day and I will figure out what to talk about today.  I just found something to talk about and it reflects something I think is important in this country.  I just read an article that students are not being taught anything about slavery in Americas past.  This is a real problem, how are you to learn about things such as the Civil War or the founding of this country if you do not talk about that subject.  It seems that a vast majority of schools across the country are not teaching kids about it, only reason I can think of is that it was some of the worst chapters of this great country but I think the students need to be taught everything, even the messy subjects.  It will make those kids more learned and able to face debates in public, so they do not look like idiots.  Now I am not calling the students of today idiots, it is the fault of the schools.  I would be proud to teach young students about slavery in this country, no matter what.  The problem lies not with the teachers, because if they step out of line of their rules they get punished, but I fault the administrations of the schools, the school board members and such.  I hope this gets put back into the classroom so the kids will learn all about this wonderful country.  Here is the article; https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2018-02-01/students-dont-know-slavery-was-a-central-cause-of-the-civil-war-report-shows

Now today is normally a Marvel day, all I really need to say about it this week is that I am so pumped for Infinity War next Thursday.  I am staying away from most media about the movie from this point out, I do not want to know much more.  After the show on Thursday I will write a review of the movie, although I do not think I will grasp everything in the first showing and might have to see it a few times.  So I am going to continue on with this post, hope you all will watch it as well.

One thing I would like to talk about and give my few cents is the thing that happened at Starbucks recently.  Recently two black men were arrested for being in a Starbucks and did not purchase anything.  People are out there calling this one of the worst racist things to happen in the country for a long time.  I think that is a load of crap.  These men were arrested for trespassing, they refused to purchase anything and were just there waiting for someone.  What is the problem, a lot of places have rules against just coming into the store and not buying anything.  Think this is blowin way out of proportion.  And now, news that Starbucks is closing all of its stores for one evening to address this issue.  If I was a manager at a store like Starbucks and there were two people, regardless of color, were doing the same things I would have called the cops also.  Just calm down everyone.

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a fantastic night or day, take care.





























Comments

Popular Posts