Bad Weather Again, Fire Suicide, Keeping Your Word

Hey everyone, hope your day is good.  Anyway, I am writing this a little earlier than normal just because I have time because of the weather, but I probably will not finish it until later in the evening.   I really hate this weather right now, just a few days ago it was 83 degrees and today it is down to 37 degrees.  For those couple of days last week where it was in the 70's and 80's I felt great, wish it could have stayed like that but of course it won't, this is Missouri.  The high for yesterday was about 42 and it made me really depressed.  I hate that you have to go outside with a big jacket on and gloves right now, I loved what we had there for a few days last week.  It seems as if spring is never going to come around here even though some trees are budding right now.  If you look at the 7 day forecast it is not going to get much warmer through next week.  I think we have one day of 60's, so sad.  I guess I should stop bitching about something I have no power over and start talking about other stuff.  Here we go.

I have never really understood suicide, I always thought it was too messy and I hate having someone clean up my mess.  But this is taking things a little too far.  I really never understood this form of protest, setting yourself on fire.  I think burning alive would be one of the worst ways to end your life.  Before I even clicked on this article about a man who set himself on fire I had to write a little about it.  I guess this man was a very famous gay activist, David Buckel.  I am sure he will be missed by the gay community.  I hope that his talking points are taken seriously but I think he went a little out of his way to be heard.  I would have thought that he had a good enough platform to be heard by everyone but I guess that he thought it was not enough.  Here is the article for you to read; https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/15/us/david-buckel-gay-rights-attorney-suicide/index.html

It seems that our president has decided to draw a red line and actually set consequences for crossing it, which is what Assad has done by using chemical weapons on his own people.  I think that is a very important thing, since the last president set a red line but didn't do anything when it was crossed.  So I do not know how we can let Assad stay in power when he has done something so horrible.  So what I am saying, is that I like it when we have someone in power who sticks to his word about something so important.  It also looks as if France is actually going to start leaving troops in Syria until this conflict is over, which I think is a good thing.  I like seeing France stand up and take some responsiblity, especially like I said before about Syria being a French holding at one time, when the Brits and the French decided to carve up the Middle East into their own spheres of influence.  America was never an imperialist country, not like Britain and France were so I think those two nations should be doing more to help those countries that they "made" or carved out of a map.  Guess we will see what happens next.  

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a great night or day, take care!
















Comments

Popular Posts