Good Day Again, Ticket Sales Boom, Snap My Fingers, Aldon Smith is Sad

Hello all, I hope you are doing well.  So my day has been good, did a few rides, made some cash and did a little more unpacking.  Nothing really crazy though.  I actually do not have any doc appointments this week, except for an MRI tomorrow at like 8 pm though, hope I can stay awake.  I might fall asleep in the machine though.  Nah, those things are too loud to fall asleep in.  I am used to these machines though, when I was young I had one every year from 9 to 20, I think but my mother knows for sure.  My cousin is claustrophobic and will not go into one unless he is knocked out, it's funny to me because he asks me all serious if I get a little freaked out by them, I tell him it doesn't bother me at all and it can be quite calming actually.  Then again it takes a lot to get me worked up because of the whole no adrenaline thing.  I'm just a different kind of guy.  The weather here was gorgeous today, high of 73, no white stuff coming down from the sky.  Well, I have a few things I really want to talk about so let's go.

Marvel day!  Some big news coming out of Marvel now is that Infinity War is outpacing the last 7 Marvel movies in pre-sale tickets and we still have just over two weeks for the movie to come out.  I think that shows how big this movie is anticipated, I would like to know what kind of numbers that is exactly or how much we are talking in cash money.  The early forecasts have the movie opening with around $175 million to $200 million on its first weekend.  There have only been 5 movies that have opened at $200 million and the biggest was 2015s Star Wars: The Force Awakens at $247 million.  I think this movie has the potential to break that record.  I am calling a $250 million opening weekend.  Here is the article I read; http://variety.com/2018/film/news/avengers-infinity-war-fandango-presale-marvel-1202750313/

Second Marvel story tonight is about the latest television spot.  In this you see a few new scenes of the movie but what is most important is the dialogue of Thanos.  It is not totally clear who he is talking to but he says, I do not have the full text in front of me but it goes something like this; "I could snap my fingers and you would all cease to exist".  Now this is important because in the Infinity Gauntlet Story from the early 90's, there is a famous scene in the comic where Thanos snaps his fingers and he wipes out half of life in the universe.  He did this to impress the Empress of Death, who Thanos is in love with, strange I know but this is comics.  Here is a video from a channel I trust on Youtube that goes into better detail with pictures and stuff; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LoFaa_yNOo&t=0s&index=6&list=LLGWm6Xn73gorz2LQwXhphxQ

Enough Marvel stuff, lets talk about something else.  Aldon Smith, who I am a fan of simply because he went to MU, is making me sad.  He has gotten arrested again, as the article says that I read, he has been in a lot of hot water over the past month or so but the big news is what happened when he turned himself in on April 6th.  When he went in he had a blood alcohol level of .40, about 5 times the legal limit.  It is just another chapter of a very pathetic life since he left college.  As one sports writer tweeted recently, "it would be more of a news story when Aldon does not get arrested".  Feel bad in a way for him but he has done all this to himself.  I hope he finds the help he needs.

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care! 










Comments

Popular Posts