Another Good, Painful Day; American Assassin Review; NCAA Problem, Heroic Woman

Hello everyone, hope you are doing great.  My day has been good, even though my pain level is at a 9.2 but some of that has to do with that tooth pain.  I did go to the gym again today, I had a good workout and shot hoops afterwards.  I was actually making most of my shots, felt pretty good, haven't shot like that in a long time.  I watched a movie today that I had been wanting to watch since it came out, American Assassin.  I will give a short review, no spoilers of course.  Not much else happened today, but at least it is a little cooler, like it should be this time of year.

American Assassin starring Dylan O'Brien, Sanaa Lathan and Michael Keaton was a good movie, I am not sure why it received some bad reviews.   I think the bad reviews come from people who do not know the source material.  This movie is based on a book that was written by Vince Flynn and is not the first in the Mitch Rapp series but the 11th but does tell the origin of the title character.  That series is my favorite book series and unfortunately Vince Flynn has since passed away but there is another author that is taking up the Mitch Rapp series.  Kyle Mills is the author taking over and is doing a great job so far.  The film does not follow the book word for word but I understand why it does not because they needed to make it about something of this time, the book takes place in the late 80's or early 90's, it is never exactly said but Rapp starts his quest after his college girlfriend was killed in the Lockerbie bombing which took place in 1988.  So it has to take place shortly after that.  The movie includes a lot of talking that is in the book, for a geek like me I like that.  I would suggest checking it out, good movie.

Some of you may have heard about the new NCAA problem, for lack of a better word at this time.  If you do not know, basically it deals with certain colleges paying players through shoe companies like Adidas.  So far the coach for Louisville, Rick Pitino, has been fired but I am sure there will be more coaches or athletic directors to be fired as well.  This problem has been going on for a very long time but is just now coming to light because somebody came forward.  I am glad, I hope this gets rid of some of the corruption in college sports.

Something else I want to touch on.  I heard this on the radio this morning but I am unaware of the city this took place.  Anyway, what happened is that a woman who works at a Circle K, which is a gas station, was being held up by a man with a gun and she takes out her licensed handgun and shoots the bad guy in the chest.  Circle K has fired her for breach of contract, or something like that.  I applaud this woman's actions in stopping this robbery because he could have shot her as well.  Circle K says to just hand over the money but if the woman was shot then I am sure that Circle K would not pay out any benefits.  But this complete idiot that held up the place and then got shot is probably going to sue Circle K, which I think is wrong because of his first action of robbing the place.  This woman stood up for her rights and I hope she gets another job and if this news go big I am sure she will get some offers, at least she should.  I would hire her if I owned a business, at least where I could hire people.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope you all have a great night or day, take care!






Comments

Popular Posts