Great Day, History Movies, Wonderful Internet

Hello all, it is a great day.  Not really sure why I am in such a good mood, just woke up that way.  Makes for an interesting day because that usually does not happen for me.  Now in a few hours that could very well change, I am used to that.  But so far so good, as I am writing this at almost 2 pm.  Let's see how long it lasts and I will let you know tomorrow.  Yesterday my right knee started swelling up on me, it was fine the day before but it started swelling to the size it was about a month ago when I had that real bad fall outside.  So I wrapped it up in an ace bandage and took a few Aleve to help take the swelling down.  It seems to have worked because it is almost back to normal size, I can even lock out my right knee as I was not able to yesterday.  So, I did have a doctor appointment yesterday with my primary care doc and we talked about quite a bit of things since I had not seen her since June.  We thought that physical therapy would be a good thing for my lower body so I go to Rusk to do that next Wednesday.  Also, we came to the conclusion of changing up my sleep meds, I am going to not take Trazadone for awhile and only use the ZZZquil stuff.  I did that last night and it would great, I did not take a full dose because with the smaller bottle if you take the full dose of 30 mL then you use up over half the bottle.  I just took a good swig of it and about 30 minutes later I was fast asleep.  Hopefully this will work.

So, back onto movies, I would like to talk about movies that I think they should make soon and since I am a history nerd then most, if not all, will deal with something from history.  I am going to do this off the top of my head, just something I thought of before writing this.  I would love to see a movie or movies that deal with a more obscure or smaller or mostly unknown portion of history.  Take the Spanish-American war for example, if you ask someone who is in their 20's about it they will have likely never heard about that.  A lot of big things happened during that time and I think a movie about that war or how the world was changing at the end of the 19th century and going into the 20th century.  I have always been a huge history fan of Genghis Khan, I think he was so fascinating and with the tech we have nowadays we can make that happen without the use of thousands of extras.  Or keep the extras as it will give work to a lot of people.  A movie about the life of Hannibal, not the cannibal guy but the bada$* Carthaginian general who took on the Romans with a bunch of damn elephants.  So many cool stories to go back on.  A lot of people are saying that Hollywood cannot come up with new ideas and have to keep making remakes, well I say that is not true, adapt some old stories from history and you are good to go.  Just get the directors right, this latest King Arthur was horrible.

Do you ever start thinking about something and then you are stuck with that and want to learn everything there is to know about that one thing?  Maybe I am weird but it happens to me all the time, be it a person, an idea or a place.  The lovely thing about all this tech we have now is that all of that info is literally at our fingertips and I can do one thing I love, learn about stuff.  So thank you internet, you are great!

Well, that is all for today.  Think I will go try to take a nap, I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!













Comments

Popular Posts