Changes Coming, Can't Wait for Kenobi, History of Antifa, Two Small Rants

 Hey there everyone, hope your week is starting out great!  Happy Labor Day!  Hope your Labor Day was good and you got to relax a little bit.  I didn't do much today, didn't even have to watch the boys today so that was alright.  I've been trying to figure out how to make a book cover for an ebook, I know that I need to go get some semi professional pictures taken that I can include.  Just need to find someone that can help me with that.  Also, I'm thinking about making a few changes to my autobiography so it may not be out for a little longer.  I've been contemplating making a few changes when it comes to this blog, thinking about not writing Monday to Friday every week and might only write two or three days a week instead.  Of course it all depends on what happens with maybe getting a job soon.  Things will change soon but I will keep you all updated on what happens.  Well, let me get into it!


Star Wars Day!  One of the most anticipated projects coming out of Lucasfilm is the Obi-Wan Kenobi series, at least I'm really looking forward to it.  As we know and has been reported there has been a large shake-up going on over at Lucasfilm and some people that got shuffled around were working on the Kenobi series.  But this isn't a huge deal to me because I think it will be great no matter what, especially since they have a great director in Deborah Chow.  One thing I hope they visit in the live action series is the final fight between Kenobi and Darth Maul that we seen in Star Wars Rebels, I'd love to see that in live action.  I think it's pretty clear that this will be a one-off but there is always a chance there is something else will be made.  Here is the article I found on this; https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/08/new-rumors-obi-wan-kenobi-series.html  


I'm going to try and cover some of the history of what antifa is and of course the people that have hijacked the term changed many things around from what it originally was.  There is a whole lot to unravel about the history of this group and I won't be able to do it justice in this short space but I will mention things about it that you may not have known.  First off, anti-fascism started in Italy in 1921, the same year that Benito Mussolini started the fascist movement.  At that time, anti-fascist were all about being inclusive since fascism was against being inclusive.  So during the Spanish Civil War in the 1930's many black men from America joined the fight against fascist leaders.  Antifa now, the movement that spawned out of the original anti-fascist movement, is now all about causing chaos, the have now turned into being anarchist and seem to want to get rid of the central government.  At least that is my feeling.  Here is where I found the article on this; https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/brief-history-anti-fascism-180975152/


Just a small rant and something I really want to get out there.  I understand that we are not allowed to go into some fast food places and some only have their drive-thru's open right now.  But driving by a few of these places I cannot believe how long the lines are.  One of the worst I have seen is Chick-fil-A, one time I counted 18 cars in the drive-thru but there may have been a few that I missed.  I love Chick-fil-A but not enough to sit in the drive-thru for 30 or more minutes.  That is not good for your vehicle, letting it sit and not moving much.  That also bleeds into why it's not a good idea to start your car on cold mornings, it's hard on the engine.  


1 more little rant, we are really in different times.  Sometimes I think that life was better when our phones were hooked to the wall.  Nowadays I see people on the treadmill that are just walking and looking down at their phones.  While seeing people do that they jerk up for a second because they were not thinking about what they were doing.  People walk into walls or other things while walking down the street because they cannot tear their selves away from their phone or tablet.  I don't know what the real numbers are on this but there are a bunch of wrecks all the time from people that are playing on their phones while driving.  And then you have people not understanding why there are laws against using your phone while you drive a vehicle.  A car can be considered a deadly weapon, hitting a person with a car will more than likely kill a person, or you could kill yourself.  And if you are dead set on killing yourself then please leave anyone out of that decision that didn't put in it.  Sorry, just had a few things to gripe about.

Well, that is it for me on this Monday.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care and stay safe!




























Comments

Popular Posts