Still Sleepy, Win But No Freedom, Main Man Leaving?

Hey everyone, hope your week is ending great!  My day has been alright but still cannot get the sleep thing down.  I went to sleep about 9:30pm and woke up just after 1:30am.  This getting 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night is for the birds.  I'm sure things will change soon, at least I hope so for my sanity.  I'm going to try to stay up a little longer tonight to see if that helps some.  So anyway, I'm going to go on and get to it because I'm very tired.

Alternate History Day!  I found an interesting alternate history scenario, what if the Patriots win the American Revolutionary War without gaining independence.  Other scenarios have been done but I haven't seen one where the Colonies reconcile with the British Empire.  Not exactly sure how that would work, I guess by giving the people in the colonies more political representation in the British Parliament, I guess.  But I did like what a few other posters put down about this, how it would have had to happen really early in the war to make Britain sue for peace.  Most of the people in the colonies wanted to stay with Britain early on but towards the end of the war Lord North of Britain did try to sue for peace but he was rejected as by now most wanted independence.  What I think is really interesting about this is what would happen in that future timeline, would they declare war on Britain later in the 19th century or would Britain try to take the whole, what would be America in our timeline.  What would the world look like if America stayed with Britain?  Here is where I found that scenario; https://www.alternatehistory.com/forum/threads/ahc-wi-patriots-win-the-american-revolutionary-war-without-gaining-independence.482260/

Not really sure how I feel about this news, that Kevin Feige might be leaving Marvel and taking the helm of Lucasfilm.  I don't like Marvel over Star Wars or vice versa so it's not that I want to see him stay because of that bias.  One good thing if he does go to Lucasfilm then I think the quality of the movies would be better.  He has done a fabulous job at Marvel, he has been there since 2007 before the Disney buyout and made 23 great movies so far.  If he does go I wonder who they would pick to bring into Marvel.  Hopefully it is someone that would share his vision for where Marvel needs to go in the future and they don't make a bad diversity hire, which is what some people called Kathleen Kennedy heading Lucasfilm.  They have to know how to use all these characters, even the new ones they have from Fox.  Lucasfilm did ask Feige to do a Star Wars movie, whatever he wanted.  Early reports say that he would choose the Old Republic and he would have use Revan, which would be awesome.  But anyway, here is the article I found on this subject; https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/kevin-feige-star-wars-role-contract-marvel-ends/

That's all for me tonight.  I hope you all have a good day or night, take care!




Comments

Popular Posts