Good Day, Coming Down, Consolidating Power

Hey everyone, I hope your Thursday is going great!  My day was alright, I did make it to the gym today and did a few extra things to make up for missing yesterday.  I am now thinking that maybe I should have went to the gym yesterday because it's supposed to get pretty nasty, weather wise, over the next few days and I'll probably stay home for that.  Oh well, things do change in Missouri pretty fast, a few days ago on my weather app they were calling for a decent weekend.  Don't even know why they bother with weather people on the news because no person can predict the weather so they should just give up.  Only job I know of where you can be wrong 80% of the time and still keep your job.  Must be nice.  I did spend some time today looking for a part time job, I applied to a few places so we will see if I hear anything back.  So anyway, let me get to it!

Conspiracy Theory Day!  I pulled up an interesting article while Googling conspiracy theories about downed airliners by military means.  I think the most intriguing of downed airliners is the TWA flight 800 that came down around Long Island off the coast of New York in 1996.  I remember hearing about this at the time but I don't remember thinking a whole lot about it.  It was a tragic event that happened and it was far away from me in the middle of America.  But some years later I picked up a fiction book by one of my favorite authors, Nelson DeMille, called Night Fall and the TWA 800 is central to the story and the main character even investigates the what had happened, even though he is told repeatedly not to look into this.  It's a very good read and I recommend it, if you do decide to pick it up, enjoy.  Anyway, there was one person who was pushing that TWA 800 was brought down by "friendly fire", from a navy ship in the area.  That persons name was Pierre Salinger who passed away in 2004 but by him coming out and saying that the United States navy was at fault it ruined his career.  Officially TWA 800 was said to have been brought down by a fuel explosion but it has not been totally proved either way all these years later.  What do I think, I think there was a chance that this could have been an accidental military accident, they do happen and continue to happen to this day.  But I am not totally sure what happened either way.  This article also talks about a few other downed aircraft.  What do you all think about TWA 800?  Let me know, anyway here is that article; https://theaviationist.com/2020/01/10/a-brief-history-of-airliner-shoot-down-incidents-and-hoaxes/

Something has happened that not a lot of people noticed in Russia, Putin is consolidating his power even more than normal.  Too many people in this country are only worried about the whole impeachment debacle to worry about what is going on in the rest of the world.  In the last few days the Russian government resigned all in a bid to make things easier for Putin.  He is pushing ahead with reforms to where he could basically stay in power until his death.  He is making the presidential powers lessen and pulling up the Prime Minister, which is probably the role he will take once he runs for his term as president.  Right now there is a debate about what Putin will do when his term as president ends in 2024, will he become Prime Minister or head of the State Council.  As Prime Minister he would still be in the public eye, we know how much he likes being seen.  And as head of the State Council he would be making all the decisions behind closed doors and not be seen.  Either way he will still be the wealthiest person on the planet, at least until the next Russian tzar like figure makes their way forward.  Here is an article on it; https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/15/europe/putin-reforms-analysis-intl/index.html

That's it for me tonight.  I hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!


































Comments

Popular Posts