Easy Day, Lack of Alternate 1066, Check it Out

Hey there all, I hope your week is ending well!  Had another good rest day, the reason why I didn't go out today was because of the weather as it was freezing rain all day.  This morning I didn't want to do much because I looked at the radar and all I seen was pink and purple over mid-Missouri.  That's alright, sometimes you need days like today.  So I'll more than likely make it to the gym tomorrow and workout a little harder.  My weather app says the high tomorrow is supposed to be 35 while Google just sent me a thing saying the high tomorrow will be 41, wonder which one it is.  The warmer the better, the only problem is that Sunday and Monday look to be really cold, at night getting down to about 8 and 5 degrees respectively.  Hopefully it warms up and starts to stay that way around here but knowing Missouri weather we will probably get a hard freeze in April, we seem to get one every year anymore.  So, time to get to it!

Alternate History Day!  One thing I am pretty surprised at is that there are not a whole lot of alternate histories on the Norman Conquest of 1066.  I think that is probably the most important year in history at least for the westren world.  That is not to say there wasn't any alternate history stories of this time period, just not as many as you will find for the Civil War and WWII.  Those two being the most popular alternate history eras to focus on.  But what would have been if things went differently at that war, either at Stamford bridge or in the south of England against the Normans.  In our timeline the Normans ended up winning because the English had to hurry from Stamford bridge to make it to where the Normans landed and it was because of the English being wore out from that travel to say was a big reason for the Norman win.  What if the Danish army and Harold Hardrada won, how would the world look.  As a few of the alternate histories I looked at they said that France would have united earlier and that would mean that they would probably control Europe and the age of discovery.  This might also mean that Napoleon might not rise up to lead France, there might not be a French Revolution of the late 18th century.  There would still be a Revolutionary War in the American colonies but it would be against France and not Great Britain.  What do you all think would happen if the Danes had won at Stamford bridge?  Let me know.

A movie came out today that I'm planning on going to watch soon but I did check out a few different reviews of.  It was Bad Boys For Life, or Bad Boys 3.  I still don't understand why they waited so long to make sequels, maybe the actors were too busy but I don't think so.  I really liked the first one, the second one was good but not as good as the first one.  This one is said to hold all the feelings of the two before it so that makes me a little excited.  Hopefully the two find some of that old magic in their advanced age.  And the younger people in the movie should help things.  I guess it has been announced as of now that there will be a Bad Boys 4, honestly hope the originals are not back for the next one, I hope they decide to recast the leads.  Here is a review to check out; https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/17/21069533/bad-boys-for-life-review-will-smith-martin-lawrence-miami

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great weekend, take care!



































Comments

Popular Posts