Good Day, Great Rulers in History, Bad Job, Bad People

Hey there everyone, hope your day is great as always!  My day has been good, had a doc appointment today I thought was actually tomorrow so I had to cut my gym time short.  That's alright, I got in a good 35 minute workout.  I'll do a little extra tomorrow, I've been watching some videos on things I need to try at the gym.  The doc appointment was with my psych and it went well, we didn't even argue at all, which doesn't happen all that often.  Guess I can bring that out in people.  Otherwise I didn't do a whole lot today, I did do some good writing on the book though.  Filled in a few things that I thought I had already had added, so all in all it was good.  Without further ado, let's get to it!

History Day!  What makes someone great?  There are many metrics to be used for that and I am looking at an article trying to establish who is the greatest ruler of all time.  There have been many rulers with the epitaph of "great" in their name but not everyone will agree with what makes a ruler great.  There are so many to choose from so I will just pick a few along some of the metrics like greatest military leader, best at diplomacy, who helped shape their country or region the most and a ruler who left a lasting legacy for all to follow.  So the first one is probably the easiest one to answer, Genghis Khan was the greatest military leader ever.  Mostly because he had the largest land empire to ever exist stretching from Korea in the east to Hungary in the west.  Now Genghis was not the most diplomatic, even though he was very shrewd at that, I think that honor would go to King Alfred the Great of Wessex and the Anglo-Saxons who ruled from 871 to about 899.  He was great at dealing with the threat from the east, namely the Vikings.  This is not to say that he did not fight in protracted wars or anything, he was just good at negotiations.  He also unified parts of England that were thought to be too different.  The ruler that shaped more of their own region and the world would have to be Charlemagne, King of the Franks.  Charlemagne became ruler in 768 and never looked back, he brought Europe out of the Dark Ages by bringing back learning and showing how to be a real king to his people.  There were wars during his time as ruler and he won every one of them, he was even crowned the king of the Romans, starting the Holy Roman Empire which was not really holy, not really Roman and not really an Empire since it was scattered all over the place in Europe.  But I digress.  Think for this last one I will have to put Genghis Khan again, the main reason I am putting him in this spot is because of his genetic legacy.  It is thought that there are about 16 million men in the world today that share in his genetic legacy, that's about 1 in every 200 men have some connection to the most feared ruler to walk the Earth.  Crazy stuff.  Here is a listing trying to find the greatest ruler in history.  They used different metrics so it should be fun to look at; https://www.historyextra.com/magazine/who-greatest-leader-world-history/

I'm sure a lot of you have fantasized about winning the lottery one day, what you would do with the money, who you would help out, stuff like that.  A couple of guys really wanted to win the lottery, so bad that they cheated to do and not in a good way like hacking into the lottery website or anything like that.  No, the pair had cut out the winning numbers from another scratch-off ticket and glued them onto their loser ticket.  If it makes any difference the men are from Mississippi.  Pretty sure these guys were messing with the sauce or some other recreational refreshments here.  It's kinda funny but now they are getting fined and have to go to court over this, might even have to spend a few nights in jail.  Teaches them a lesson then.  Here is that article; https://www.newsweek.com/mississippi-men-arrested-scratch-lottery-ticket-allegedly-glue-numbers-crime-1480785

I'm going to talk a little about the killing of that Iranian general, whose name I will not say because he isn't worth it to me.  Anyway, I think it was a justified killing, the world is a better place without him in it right now.  Over how ever many years he was the top general of Iran it is impossible to know how many people he has killed, what countries the killed were from and how many were his own people in Iran or fellow Muslims.  I read a thing from a soldier that fought in the first Gulf War that everyone knew that he was the one behind the IEDs set up to kill or maim American military personnel.  So something should have been done about him a lot sooner than now, many years ago.  Now I am against how he was taken out, by drone strike, I think it would have been easy to get someone close enough to pull off the hit.  There are plenty of snake eaters in Iraq, or special forces guys that would have been glad to put this asshole out of his misery.  But I'm glad he is gone, now to see what Iran will do to fight back against the Masters of Evil, in their eyes, America.  We really wouldn't really have to send people over there, our Air Force and Navy can take care of the country of Iran.  Well anyway, here is an article pertaining to this idiot; https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/07/world/middleeast/iran-soleimani-assassination.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really do hope that every one of you has a great night or day, take care!














































Comments

Popular Posts