Good Day, Funny Prankster, Calm Down

Hey there all, I hope you are doing great today!  My day has been good and woke up late again around 8:30am, need to figure this sleep thing out.  I did go see my primary care doc but it wasn't her but one of her residents but she still oversaw everything.  They gave me something to help with sleep called Hydroxyzine, it's supposed to be in the same class as that Unisom stuff I was using over the counter.  Guess I'll see how it works, I'm supposed to let them know how it's working for me after a week of taking it.  Otherwise I had a good day, didn't do anything great though.  My teeth are still hurting like crazy, I've been using Orajel like crazy but they didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with overusing Orajel at the doc office today, so that's good.  Not sure what I would do if I couldn't use that stuff, think I might try to go a little longer before using it just to see what happens, sometimes pain will just stop if you don't treat it like you have been.  Well, let me go on and get to it before I fall asleep!

History Day!  This is a story I remember reading somewhere a long time ago and thought I would share it here because I found it online.  Some people just love to joke around with people and really cause some chaos.  This is such a person, a man named Charles Vance Millar from Canada.  A place you wouldn't figure someone would do a prank like this.  He was a very wealthy man and in his last will and testament he said that whatever family or female could birth the most children in 10 years would get the bulk of his wealth, which equaled out to about $10 million in today's money.  Something like this would never go down in the climate of today but I think it was a pretty funny thing to pull back in the 20's, even though we are now in the 20's of a different century.  I think this is pretty funny but it took on a whole different meaning a few years after it started in 1926 because of the great depression.  Because of the times there were more eyes on this thing, even people in America where watching it play out.  Some people tried to cheat to win, saying they had kids when they clearly didn't.  Now just using math and looking at it from a normal birthing cycle of 9 months, as long as they only had one child at a time the most that could be born in that span would be 9 kids, that were actually born.  Of course this gets much different if you were to have more than one at a time, which does happen but I guess it did not happen in this case.  It was awarded to 4 different woman who gave birth to 9 children each.  If just one of those women had triplets then this would have changed things up.  It was sort of funny for the hysteria it caused in Toronto, it would have been cool to live there during that time, except it gets really cold in Canada.  Read the whole story as it is much better than what I have written; https://allthatsinteresting.com/great-stork-derby

People need to chill out and take a break, this is just ridiculous.  At the College Football National Championship last night President Trump and his wife attended and as they were sitting in one of the box seats for the game an actor came up and started having a conversation with the president.  It seemed like they were being cordial with each other and even shook hands as the actor was leaving, the actor was Vince Vaughn.  So now there are people going to Twitter or Facebook saying how bad of a person Vince Vaughn is and that he should be blacklisted in Hollywood.  There are some that I can't even repeat, they get pretty nasty.  There are those that are calling for Vaughn to be "canceled", whatever that means but I guess it has to do with this whole "cancel culture" that I am not a fan of and don't really know much about.  Who cares, so what they had a talk, there are far more important things to worry about in this world so let's focus our thoughts on the other important stuff.  Here is an article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vince-vaughn-chatted-up-donald-trump-and-melania-at-a-college-football-game-and-people-have-opinions-154706617.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really do hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!

                           












































Comments

Popular Posts