Good Day, The High Republic, Haiti is Still a Mess, Can't Arrest Him

Hey everyone, hope your week is starting out great!  My week is starting out good but I got a late start to the day though.  I didn't wake up till just after 8:30am but I didn't get to sleep until after midnight.  Don't know what is going on with my sleep issues, I finally got into bed a little before 9pm and would just lay there until about midnight.  Guess I need to change up what I do before I fall asleep.  I mean, I have been getting tired pretty early, like today I was getting tired around 5:30pm but that is way to early to try to go to bed.  But I still think I will try to go to sleep a little early.  I did make it to the gym after taking the day off yesterday, mostly it was because the weather was kinda crappy here and plus I stayed home and watched the Chiefs game.  That was a great comeback for the Chiefs yesterday and now they go on to next weekend for the AFC Championship game.  If they win that game they will be in the Super Bowl.  Hope that happens since they haven't went to one in my lifetime.  So anyway, let me go on and get to it!

Star Wars Day!  So, we got some info on what will be following The Rise of Skywalker and the Skywalker saga in Star Wars films, a movie set in what is being called the High Republic Era.  This is around 500 years before the battle of Yavin or 500 BBY.  The first character I could think of that would be included, at least they were alive around this time, is Yoda.  He would be around 400 years old and probably more at his prime so it'll be cool to see a different era Yoda than what we know from the Skywalker saga.  But he hasn't been confirmed to even show up because we don't really know that much about what the movie deals with.  I looked at the timeline of galactic events on Wookiepedia, which is a great source for Star Wars news.  But you have to watch out for when you are looking for only canon info cause sometimes it throws in Legends stuff.  I did notice in 509 BBY that Yaddle was born, the only other member of Yoda's species we have seen in canon besides baby Yoda in the Mandalorian show.  I didn't find any known conflicts or other major events around 500 BBY but they may not be doing exactly 500 and it might be something close to that year.  There might be a few familiar faces showing up around that time frame besides Yoda, maybe Maz Kanata, who I would really like to see more about.  I thought she was the most intriguing character from The Force Awakens, I wish we learned more in the movie about how she got the Skywalker lightsaber but they did tell us more in a comic book.  Jabba the Hut could show up as well since he was pretty old when he was killed in Episode VI, Hut's can live for hundreds of years, I think.  But at least it will open up a whole different world for us in Star Wars, to see something new.  I cannot wait until the do a movie set into the Old Republic timeline and see hundreds of Jedi fighting hundreds of Sith, that would be just great to see.  Or even when Bane kills most of the Sith to start the rule of two that he implements.  Whatever happens I am pumped for, here is an article talking about it; https://screenrant.com/star-wars-high-republic-clues-hints-comic/

This is a case showing how charitable people can be and also how corrupt they can be also.  So it shows both sides in this case.  Yesterday was the 10th anniversary of the earthquake that destroyed Haiti.  For those that don't know, Haiti is a small island country in the Caribbean that has a very storied history, from slave rebellions to outrageous dictators called Papa Doc and Baby Doc.  A lot of people the world over decided to do what they can to help out by giving some money to certain charities but unfortunately many of those charities were scams but still, billions of dollars were donated.  There were people from all over the world that pitched in to try to help the country to get back on it's feet.  Over $10 billion dollars was pledged to the island nation to help it out afterwards but a lot of that money went to the government who is very corrupt and no telling what happened to most of it as it probably went into the pockets of those corrupt government types.  And that's where most of my anger towards this goes, as it is towards a lot of these corrupt countries we give money to every year, that money gets squandered and never is put to where it will help the citizens of said country.  I think a lot of blame should go to organizations like the United Nations, who I have said before are worthless, because they should be able to watch the money and to where it is going to make sure it gets to those that need it.  That's why, if we as a nation are going to keep giving countries money that there should be people in place that will watch and make sure that money goes to where it should.  Haiti is one of those countries that gets millions of dollars from the United States every year and what do they do with it?  Obviously not much for their people.  2016 was the last year that this has been figured up but USAID, which is the government entity giving out the money, it was only 1.2% of the fiscal budget for the year but that is $49 billion that can be spent here in America and not given to countries that don't even really like us. Anyway, I'm rattling about it but you know how I feel about this stuff.  Here is an article on the earthquake in Haiti; https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/12/world/haiti-earthquake-ten-years-anniversary-intl/index.html

I am sure that most of you know that foreign leaders are exempt from arrest in the country they are set to serve in, unless you commit a capital offense such as murder.  Just recently Iranian authorities have arrested the British Ambassador and the only explanation they gave was that he was provoking anti-government protests.  It sure does seem like it is in violation of international law and Iran is walking a very thin rope trying to save face after downing a Ukrainian airliner the other day.  I do believe, like many, that it was an honest mistake and not Iran declaring war on the world but this is not looking good for the Mullahs in Tehran.  First they shot down that plane from Ukraine that had a lot of people on it, 176 people or souls as the government calls them, and now they arrest the British Ambassador for no real apparent reason.  Canada, who had a lot of citizens on that plane, are pretty pissed about this, a lot of other nationalities along with mostly Iranians.  There were 3 British people on the flight so I'm not sure why Iran went after the ambassador from Britain.  Here is an article on this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/british-ambassador-arrested-tehran-slams-iran-authorities-102001565.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!












































Comments

Popular Posts