So Tired, WWII Myths

Hey there everyone, I hope you are doing great!  Sorry again for not writing on a Friday but there is a reason why.  I haven't been sleeping well lately, as most of you know and about 7 I started falling asleep at my keyboard.  After doing it for too many times I decided to put the computer up and not write and try to get some sleep.  I got some sleep but still woke up before 4am.  So I am going to try to go through this pretty quick.  I'm doing alright, just really wore out.  So anyway, let me get to it!

It is supposed to be Alternate History Day but I don't really have one to talk about right now.  There was a really good video I just watched today on Youtube that was really informative.  It's about myths people still believe about WWII.  I'll talk about a few points and then add the video so you can see it all yourself.  First off, that 6 million people died in the Holocaust.  This is in history textbooks and repeated everywhere but that only takes into account the amount of Jewish people that were killed, which is horrible but we should also remember the others killed in the camps or other pograms like the Roma, black people and disabled people among others.  The total death toll was probably closer to 20 million.  Next one is that the atomic bombing of Japan made them surrender.  It didn't, it was a factor but not the sole reason for their capitulation, that was because the Soviets were coming in the north.  If the Soviets and the rest of the Allies had invaded mainland Japan then we could be now looking at a split Japan, much like Korea.  The Japanese were well aware of what the Soviets would do to them and thought that surrendering to the Allies and America in general would be the best course of action.  The plan to invade Japan by America was called Operation Downfall, already knowing that it would cost a lot of American lives, 500,000 purple hearts were made for this operation but they were not needed so we keep them for every military action since then and still have about 120,000 left over.  Last one I'll talk about is how most people think that WWII didn't start until September 1st, 1939.  That's a very European look at things, when in actuallity it may have started as early as 1931.  That's as early as it started over in eastern Asia when Japan started their many conquests.  Here is that video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP7wCl5-BZk

Well, that's it for me.  I hope you have a good weekkend.,  I'll be sinp   Most more released; cebebrated   I hope that the reason of you are oint soutside wigh, take care!





































Rmember, jist tale sp[wmvbb6v. 







































Comments

Popular Posts