Alright Day, This Means War, New MCU Trailer, Drop Outs

Hey there, hope everyone is doing great!  My day has been good, had a good workout but I didn't get some of the things I wanted to get done today done but that's alright cause I can do them tomorrow. I've got this area on my right middle finger, it's some kind of dry skin I get that just comes and goes as it pleases.  It's been back for a few weeks and I have an open sore on my finger, I use this special kind of suave I got from the pharmacy, can't remember the name of it, but it still has not helped and it causes a great amount of pain through everyday life.  Even typing can be painful with that finger if I need to stretch it to get anywhere.  Anytime I just open my hand up it causes a lot of pain, I seen a dermatologist about this but all they did was give me that cream stuff I use.  I also have tried almost every kind of over the counter lotion there is and nothing helps.   Oh well, this ain't nothing to worry about.  So, let me go and get to it!

History Day!  I'm going to talk about a war that isn't talked about much but I think it should be taught in more history classes, the first Boer War.  Yes, the second one was much more influential but that one never would have happened if it wasn't for the first one.  You know, cause and effect and all that good stuff.  So the reason why the first Boer War was fought was because Britain was getting up to its old tricks by trying to take colonies while nobody was looking, because they wanted to control all the land that they possibly could.  South Africa was very important, not only as a way station between Europe and India but also for its rich abundance of resources.  Also, Britain was kind of a dick at this time so they wanted to gather more territory so they took it from the French who had Napoleon at this time who was too busy with stuff on the continent to worry about overseas colonies.  But it was mostly settled by the Dutch who after the arrival of British people started moving inland to settle and they worked out some decent deals with the locals there.  But then there was gold discovered there and the British wanted all that land so they went to war for it with the Boers, which means farmer in Dutch.  The Dutch boys were pretty good at fighting and they took care of business against the stronger British and the British had a handicap at home as the war was not very popular.  So that meant that Britain did not pour more resources into the fight which meant the boers won that first war, which was a good thing since they got to keep their land.  Bad thing is it lead to the Second Boer War in 1899 up to 1902, that one went a little differently.  But here is a good history video on that first war narrated by Feature History, good history channel on Youtube, here it is; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0VNF9USnM

So the new Black Widow trailer came out last night around midnight but I didn't see it till this morning.  It looks really good and can't wait to see it.  I am glad, much like what Mr. Sunday Movies says in his trailer breakdown, that this isn't a origin prequel but an inbetween-quel, if that works.  I don't need to see the training that Natasha had to go through in the Red Room but I'm sure there will be a few callback scenes of her training.  Taskmaster looks really good, even though we don't really see him doing much but getting ready to shoot an arrow.  Is Hawkeye in this?  He might have a small role but not if this is set after Civil War which it looks like.  They might have a call back to her time when they first met, like when Harry Met Sally or something.  Soviet Captain America looks really cool, glad he will be some of the humor in the movie.  Just can't wait for it.  Anyway, here is that video; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkPtJ7nYhqc

People are dropping like flies out of the democratic race for the presidential nomination, three people have recently dropped their campaigns.  Two of the names are not that well known but the third one is and it's a little surprising to be honest, I thought she was going to try to stick it out no matter what happened.  The first name you might not recognize unless you live in Montana is Steve Bullock, the second one is Joe Sestak and the third is more well known, Kamala Harris.  I thought Harris had said she wasn't going to drop out no matter what but I guess money changes things.  Plus she probably thinks she can get a cushy job from whoever does get that nomination.  I still don't think the democrats have anyone that is good enough on the issues, they are all running on a hate Trump campaign and I don't think that's a good thing.  If the only thing you tell potential voters is that you think you are better than the other guy then you aren't telling much.  Tell us what are your positions on important topics, what you would do to help this country and it's people grow.  But it doesn't seem like the democratic party wants to do that, they are driven by too much hate right now.  I always wondered what happened to your money if you gave say $500 to a campaign and it folded, do you get that money back or is it just gone?  What does the campaign do with the money that is in their account.  I read or seen somewhere that Harris had around $9 million in her campaign account, what happens to that money that was donated to her, does she just get to keep it?  If that's the case then maybe I should run for president, seems like a good and easy way to get money.  I'm sure I can figure this out with a quick Google search, Google knows everything.  Well, here is a list of all the people that have dropped out of the race so far on the democratic side; http://www.mtv.com/news/3136189/2020-presidential-race-who-dropped-out/

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!








































Comments

Popular Posts