Crappy Day, Secret Societies, Buying Literal Junk

Hey there all, I hope your day is going great!  My day was alright but still having to tough it out in the snow outside, that stuff is hard to get through sometimes.  Some places are really bad about the handicapped spots, keeping them clean from snow and slush.  I'm lucky as to where others in manual wheelchairs are not and it's really hard for them.  So I get on those places about those spots and they are usually pretty good about cleaning it after I say something.  It's just that able bodies don't think about how hard it is for people in my situation.  Hopefully it'll be gone in a few days but then it gets really nasty out there but that also means it's getting better.  I'm probably going to keep this short because I really didn't sleep well last night, woke up a few times and at 3:30 then couldn't get back to sleep so I'm pretty tired now.  So anyway, let's get to it!

History Day!  Found an article on secret societies in history I'd like to talk about.  I'll only talk about two of them from this article but will add the whole thing so you can read it for yourself.  The first one I'll talk about did not start out as a secret society but could be one today, if you believe that stuff, which I kinda do.  The Knights Templar or the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of Solomon.  Not really sure how they got Knights Templar from that but whatever.  They were an extremely powerful group in the 12th century and only answered to the Pope and didn't have to pay taxes.  They even started the first banking firms and that made them very wealthy as they also owned a lot of land.  A few kings did not like this arraignment, especially King Phillip the Fair of France, who also owed the Knights a lot of money.  They are also the reason why Friday the 13th is considered unlucky as they were rounded up in France on that day in 1312 on trumped up charges and then the anti-Pope disbanded the order.  I think they still live on somehow to this day but there isn't really anything out there about them, but I can always dream.  The next one is the Illuminati, a very mysterious organization that formed in 1776, a very famous year.  Officially the order didn't last long but I think they had infiltrated other groups like the Freemasons, but that's my conspiracy theory self acting up again.  There is a really cool fiction book written by Dan Brown called Angels and Demons were the Illuminati are front and center, that book made me read up a lot on the group, love it when books put a little real life in a fiction story.  Here is that article, enjoy; https://www.history.com/news/secret-societies-freemasons-knights-templar

Didn't know this was a problem but should have known, there are sellers on Amazon that are dumpster diving for products that are in fairly good shape that they can go on the site to sell to people without letting them know that they came from the trash.  People used to do this on Ebay and probably still do to a certain extent but didn't know that it was happening on Amazon.  So be careful when shopping on there and only buy from trusted sellers to make sure you don't get garbage.  Anyway, here is the article that talks about this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/amazon-trying-combat-sellers-products-180446151.html

That's all for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a great night or day, take care!










































Comments

Popular Posts