Last Day, No History Stuff, Disability Things, Being Petty

Hey there everyone, I hope you are having a great New Years Eve!  If you are going out tonight be safe, don't drink and drive, there are plenty of options for you on getting a sober ride, don't be shy about getting one if needed.  So, with that PSA out of the way.  My day has been alright, just another day for me though.  I'm a little too old to be going out to celebrate a day that ends the previous year and beginning of the new year, just another day to me.  So I'm just staying home and will probably be asleep by 10pm or so, don't even care to watch the ball drop anymore.  Anyway, made it to the gym today and had a good triceps and shoulders workout.  Didn't really do anything new today, mostly did stuff I've done before.  Like I was saying, my upper body is getting really good, now if I could just eat a little more healthy then I could lose that spare tire.  I'm too old to change my ways that much plus doing core moves are pretty tough for me.  I got some extra sleep last night, I went to bed around 10 but didn't wake up till about 7:30am.  I did wake up once to use the restroom but was able to fall back asleep.  That was good but I don't want to be getting too much sleep, that's just as bad as not getting enough sleep.  Well anyway, let me get into it!

I know it's supposed to be History Day but I really don't have a story to talk about today so I am going to talk about this page I found talking about the 20 Things People in Wheelchairs Have to Deal With.  It's really accurate, not really anything I would add to this list but I will talk about a few that really get to me.  They talk about how we have to deal with elevators being broken down, which is a real pain in a building that has just the one.  Like I have said before, I'm extremely lucky that I can do a lot of things.  One time when there wasn't an elevator and it was somewhere I really needed to get to fast, I just stood up and grabbed the handrail at the stairs and the front fork on the chair and made my way up.  That's determination!  I was really sore after that and luckily it doesn't happen, at least not much for me lately.  Dealing with silly questions is one on this list and that's a given since not everyone in this world is very smart, we all know at least one person that asks dumb questions about something he shouldn't even be talking about.  One of the worst ones is when someone comments that I'm going to need snow tires or skis.  Such a dumb one, I just nod my head and move on with what I was doing.  That one happens at least once when it first snows.  Last is, Assuring people everything is ok, this one is a little more straight forward as people are just trying to be nice most of the time.  I do get really annoyed when multiple people ask me if I need help and sometimes I won't say anything and just stand up to get what I was looking at.  Now if I ask for help that's alright, just don't like people thinking I'm helpless.  Especially at the gym when people try to hold the door for me.  Obviously I can lift a lot of weight so I don't need help with a door that is maybe 5lbs.  It's annoying but I usually say I'm good and that I should be good at this after 15 years.  So here is that webpage; https://kdsmartchair.com/blogs/news/78174150-20-things-people-in-wheelchairs-have-to-deal-with

Someone who was in the Bush 43 White House has a theory on why Pelosi is holding onto the articles of impeachment against President Trump.  Paul Rosenzweig thinks that she is holding onto it waiting for the State of the Union address the president will give and if she hasn't handed it over to the Senate and they clear him of wrongdoing then he would be able to hold that above the heads of democrats and gloat but if she doesn't then he will whine and talk about conspiracies against him not sounding very much like the president at all.  This is a theory but not one that I think she thought about, at least until it was brought up and surely one of her aides will catch it and she can claim victory.  But I don't think it would go that way if she is still holding the articles on February 4th, mostly because every time some person has tried to predict what President Trump will say or do, he usually does something a little different.  Remember, the president is not a normal politician and does not even come close to acting like one.  I am not a constitutional scholar or anything but I really wonder how long Pelosi can hold onto those articles before they are not any good.  Also, what if the republicans take back the house next November, what happens then?  There are still a lot of questions that we don't know.  Here is that article where I found this; https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-bush-aides-trump-pelosi-trial-094454737.html

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!
























































Comments

Popular Posts