Good Day, States Are Nations, Old Laws Need to Go, Pay Attention to More Than Your Phone

Hey everyone, I hope your week is ending on a good note!  My day has been good, now getting ready for the really cold weather as it has been decent temps outside the last few days.  It was a little cooler out there today but it sure did feel nice in the sun when it was shinning down on you.  Next week though they are talking about getting in the 30's and staying there or getting colder, don't like that very much.  Oh well, it's what we deal with around here, I should be used to it since this is the area I grew up in.  I used to like the cold and snow and ice when I was a kid because it was fun to play around in, now it sucks that I'm older and have arthritis everywhere.  Guess I shouldn't bitch about that and should only focus on things I can change.  One thing I can change is my book, I've been doing some good work on it this week and might have it all done by the first of the year.  I think I will start off self-publishing it and then maybe go with a publishing company.  See if that works for me at all.  And then I'll get started working on my alternate history books and maybe make a career out of this, don't know until I try.  Well, time to get to it!

Alternate History Day!  This is a very intriguing alternate history scenario, something I might be able to work into a book one day.  There was a book already written on this subject and a video, which I will add here.  The scenario is, what if all the states are their own countries, basically what the founders were kind of wanting to happen.  That would mean that every governor would basically be a president of a country.  Would this be able to work?  Now I have never read the book but I did watch the video, yeah, I'm lazy sometimes.  Anyway, would this situation work?  Well, I think it could but I do think that some states would have to basically team up or even become one state instead of two or three.  Like I think the states of New England would all become one nation.  A few of the smaller states would team up with larger ones.  California, that state I don't really like, would be it's own because they don't like other states and that's fine.  Texas would probably absorb Oklahoma and Louisiana and that would make them very formidable.  I think eventually we would have states joining other states by choice or force until eventually there are only 3 or 4 super states left.  I think that could work out to be a good book, I'll have to look into doing that.  Well, here is the video with that by my favorite alternate history tellers on Youtube, Alternate History Hub; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Avs0EgSxhQE

One issue I think is important and needs fixing in this country is the tax law code, that book is huge and according to the Taxpayer Advocate Service is over 4 million words long, we need to simplify that thing now.  Now I'm not sure how many pages that is but I'm sure that book wouldn't fit on my bookshelf, it'd be too heavy.  But another government book that is too big is the law code book because there are so many outdated laws still on the books from 200 years ago or so.  In Texas it is illegal to shoot a buffalo out of a second story window, so I guess by that law you can shoot it out of any other floor window.  New Jersey, which I hate to say New Jersey is on to something here, has a Law Revision Commision, something that I think every state needs and so does the federal government.  It is still illegal in Iowa for a single man to own a goat, for obvious reasons that I'm not going to go into.  That's a job I wouldn't mind having, looking through old law books and finding the ones that need either done away with fully or needs to be revised.  Hire me for it guys, I love doing research and that kind of stuff, I'd be good at that!  But anyway, here is an article talking about this; https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/2019/11/18/20963411/weird-old-laws-historical-obsolete-laws

When you break it down, life really isn't that difficult, you need to pay attention and you can just coast through.  Unfortunately that seems to be too hard for some people because a lot of us are addicted to our cell phones.  We all know how bad distracted driving is for us and others on the road but more recent accidents have happened while just walking.  When you have an important text or call on your phone, either pull over your car to tend to your phone or stop walking, that would fix a lot of these "accidents".  When driving I have to use both hands because of the hand controls, my left hand controls my acceleration and my braking and my right has the 8 ball so I can go all the way around with the stearing wheel using just one hand.  It's a great system and I cannot touch my phone while driving, almost wish all cars came with hand controls so that way you wouldn't be able to mess with your phone.  It also allows me to stop much faster than with my feet, so that's a plus.  When I do need to make calls and drive I use the speaker option, I haven't figured out how to hook my phone up to my radio so I can use the phone that way.  That way I could send a text or tell it to call someone while I am driving.  Technology is helping most things in life.  Here is an article talking about this, be careful out there; ksl.com/article/46686194/walking-while-texting-other-cellphone-related-injuries-are-on-the-rise-especially-for-the-young

That's it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a fantastic weekend, take care!








































Comments

Popular Posts