Good Day, Lying About Our History, Positive Story, More Drugs Helping Out

Hey guys, hope your day is going good!  My day was alright, had a good workout where I mostly worked biceps but worked other things in when I could and had to go mail something off I had sold on Ebay.  I have not been messing with my football cards much lately so the last few days I have been putting some up on Ebay and Facebook, trying to make some sales but haven't sold too much.  That's the way it goes sometimes, this time of year a lot of people are pressed for cash because of Christmas and taxes come due at the end of the year, which I think that should be done at a different time of the year than right at the end.  But I'm just a tax paying citizen, what do I matter to the government.  The weather was really nice today, getting up to about 60 degrees out there and the sun came out from behind some clouds so that's good.  This is just strange weather for the middle of December, the first official day of winter is coming up in 9 days and it's the shortest day of the year.  I really like December 21st because after that day the sun stays out a little longer everyday until June 21st.  So anyway, let me go on and get to it!

Conspiracy Day!  Some of you have probably heard a little about the 1619 Project that is put on by the New York Times.  The goal of this is to look at the beginnings of slavery in what would become America and 1619 relates to the date that the first Africans arrived on the shores of America.  Now I am going to put out my own thoughts on this along with an article I read about this, you might not like it and if so you will want to move away from this.  I think that this is a sort of "hit piece" by people that are against America and capitalism.  The writers, who are mostly all black, say that slavery was not inherited from the British Empire but was needed and desired because of capitalism and greed.  I am very much for America and capitalism, as most of you know, and I do think that greed did have something to do with slavery in America but a lot of it was being afraid of changing to a new system of how to do things.  I am not saying that there is any excuse for slavery, it is a vile and disgusting practice by humans but we were not the first to do this and also do not think that just because black people mostly were enslaved in this country that they were the only ones that suffered under this terrible institution.  Every race, color or creed of human has been susceptible to slavery at one time in history or another.  Yes, slavery of black people in this country was a huge problem and we fought a bloody civil war over it and we hoped that would be the end of it but it wasn't.  Slavery isn't as widespread today as it was a few hundred years ago in this country but I would like to think that we as a society have gotten better at stuff like that.  Hopefully on the whole we treat people better nowadays but there still is work to be done.  But getting back to that 1619 Project.  As the article I am adding suggests, the aim is to tarnish capitalism by tying to slavery, trying to point out that capitalism would have never flourished if not for slavery.  Most of these people writing for the Project believe that the United States of America Constitution supported and backed the institution of slavery, which I do not believe to be the case.  The founders believed that slavery was something that needed to be dealt with at some point but not right now as the country was just starting out.  A few even talked out about slavery, like Gouverneur Morris and James Monroe, there are quotes from them in the article.  Basically these writers associated with the 1619 Project want to rewrite American history into that the people who founded this country to just be nasty slave masters, which isn't the case.  Because as a lot of people are aware of now, the New York Times does not do journalism but is an activist association.  That is what I believe, if you want to debate with me on this that is fine, just write me.  Here is that article; https://www.city-journal.org/1619-project-conspiracy-theory

Here is a story that is a little more positive, at least I think so and I hope you will also.  The FCC just approved a 3 digit number for the suicide prevention hotline.  I think that is great and make it easier for someone in trouble and stress to dial that number instead of a full 800 number.  The new number is 988.  So if you or someone you know needs this just let them know what it is, 988.  It's great because not only is that easy to remember but it is a lot easier to dial.  I don't really have a lot of stuff to say on this  matter so I will just add the article I found this at; https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/12/politics/fcc-988-suicide-prevention-hotline/index.html

Another recreational drug that could see some form of legalization is magic mushrooms.  The main ingredient of magic mushroom is psillcybin and is showing promise in some studies for use in depression.  This would be a great way to treat people.  There are a few mosre tests they need to go through to see if this would work but they are well on their way.  Maybe shrooms would help me and my depression since no pill seems to work for me.  I've only done these a few times and they are not habit forming, so that helps.  Well, here is an article were I found this at; yahoo.com/lifestyle/magic-mushrooms-could-cure-depression-213656190.html

That's all for me tonight.  I really hope you all have a great night or day, take care!








































Comments

Popular Posts