Lazy Day, Non Stop, Sick of It, The Worst People

Hey guys, I hope things are going great!  My day was good, even though I didn't do much of anything because I can't do much with that thing in my arm.  I did have an interview at JC Penny today and it seems as if I have a job because they want me to come in to do some training on the 28th.  The job would be a fairly easy one, I would be in the fulfillment department, basically where I help fill orders and do things on the computer.  At least it sounds easy, I imagine I will take it but I do have an interview with MBS, it's a textbook place here in Columbia.  The MBS job might be a little better, that job would consist of me talking to people on the phone about problems or issues with their orders or future orders.  I guess we will have to see what happens, either job would be alright, a little extra money in my pockets is alright. But otherwise I didn't do much else except for watching the boys, they were fairly good as usual.  So, let me get to it!

History Day!  International diplomacy can be a tricky thing to come to terms with, a lot of countries have trouble with that one thing.  One of the best, or worst, ways to see this is how many nations are still technically at war with each other.  To end a war you need to sign a peace treaty between the combatants.  There are many reasons why they never got around to doing it, maybe they still really don't like each other or they really just forgot.  The most famous or infamous is the Korean War of 1950-1953 where only an armistice was signed between the three countries involved.  I think there were really four countries involved, North Korea and China against South Korea and America, even though it was actually a United Nations action, that was back when the UN actually did stuff.  There are a number of wars or conflicts that are still technically still going on but the countries are not actually at each others throat.  One that most people do not know about is Japan and the Soviet Union, they never officially ended their involvement in WWII.  Japan has made peace with other countries of the Allies and the Soviet Union has made peace with the other countries of the Axis but they have not made nice with each other.  The diplomatic history of Japan and Russia goes back over 100 years and they have not had the best history out of any other two countries.  People also do not realize one of the reasons that Harry Truman decided to drop the atomic bomb on Japan was because if we didn't do that then the Soviets were ready to invade Japan and we didn't want that to happen.  It would make a good alternate history story if the Soviet Union had invaded Japan and what would have happened.  Japan may have been split in the middle like other countries that were part communist and part not, like Korea or Vietnam.  The actual end of WWII for most all countries didn't really come to fruition until 1991, after the wall fell and Germany reunited.  It's a pretty cool story because I didn't know this until just recently.  It was hard to find one webpage to link to this story so I am going to link two, enjoy; https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/09/12/russia-is-seeking-peace-with-japan-wait-theyre-still-war/,  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2018/09/12/russia-is-seeking-peace-with-japan-wait-theyre-still-war/

I really wish they would hold an up or down vote in the House to get this impeachment nonsense over with.  They are not going to get President Trump ousted, all this is for is grandstanding so people can say how much they hate the president.  Look, I am not a fan of the president but lets get this over with so everyone in Congress can go back to working for the American people, which is why they are there and not to start stupid wars with the other side.  Sorry, this is short but I am sick of talking about it, here is an article on it; https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/15/house-democrats-will-not-hold-a-vote-authorizing-impeachment-probe-which-white-house-sought.html

Now these are some of the worst people to inhabit this Earth and should not be here.  I absolutely hate those that prey on the disabled and elderly, I think that is one of the worse crimes a person can commit.  Taking advantage of the less well off is something I despise so when I see a story like this I get really upset and my blood pressure rises but I am doing my best to keep it down right now.  In North Carolina at a nursing facility there were three employees that were making residents fight one another in a sort of "Fight Club" type scenario.  It is disgusting and I don't want to talk about it anymore, here is the article; https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/15/us/elder-abuse-assisted-living-encouraging-fighting/

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!











































Comments

Popular Posts