Good Day, Coming Back?, Universal Basic Income, Some People Are Crazy, Bad Doc

Hey everyone, I am still alive from my hospital stay.  Sorry I did not post any updates while I was there as I was trying to hurry up and chug that nasty stuff called Golytely.  The only flavor packets they said they could use was lemonade and now I am not going to probably ever have lemonade ever again because it was so nasty.  Even seeing lemonade in the store makes my stomach churn.  Such a shame, I really did like lemonade too.  Oh well, there is plenty of other stuff out there to drink that is just as good as lemonade if not better.  Another thing I really didn't like was that I watched a lot of television while there and every commercial break there were at least two adverts for food of some kind.  That was very cruel, I guess I could have shut off the television but there really wasn't much else to do unless I had that on.  Seen quite a few different things I wanted to try, like the new sandwich from Burger King, even though I haven't been to BK in a long time.  That's what happens when you get something bad.  I made it to the gym today but took it a little easy since it's been a few days since I last went but still had a good workout.  So anyway, let me get to the good stuff!

MCU Day!  Two of the better Netflix Marvel charcters, the guy who played Daredevil and the Kingpin, might be coming to the movies in the Marvel universe.  When we first heard about Daredevil getting canceled we heard that there was something in the contract that said those characters could not be booted up anywhere for 5 years.  It is a strange add-on to the contract but I am sure it isn't that far fetched from some of the other contracts out there.  I thought the guy they had play Kingpin was even better than the one done by Michael Clarke Duncan, who I thought had the body for the role but not the acting chops.  He was about the only good thing from that early Daredevil movie, Affleck was horrible as the titular character.  Well, here is an article about this as a rumor; https://www.screengeek.net/2019/10/02/daredevil-actors-mcu-return-rumor/

A city in california, Stockton, decided to try a social experiment by giving $500 to people that needed it to see how it worked.  I don't know what they were trying for doing this, of course people will use extra money, what were they thinking, that people would give the money back?  Calling the program a universal basic income.  Not sure they really understand how money works.  Here is the article I found this on; https://fortune.com/2019/10/03/universal-basic-income-stockton/

Some people, I tell you, just shouldn't be parents or even walk the Earth.  Here is an example of 3 that fit this mold in North Carolina.  There really isn't much I can write more than what the article says but I will attempt it.  Someone, not really sure because I got a little confused after reading it but a person had given up a small child for transportation.  Kids are not supposed to be used to bargain for anything, let alone a vehicle.  Here is that article; https://wgno.com/2019/10/03/three-people-arrested-after-allegedly-trading-toddler-for-a-vehicle/

Like I said before, the feds are going after the wrong people on this "war on opioids" by targeting the patients, some that really need these meds to function in life, there is a certain percentage that take advantage of the system but most are legit patients.  This is another example of a bad doctor.  Somehow he prescribed opioids to people in different states, all bordering North Carolina but still.  It is very troubling.  Here is the article where I found this; https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/virginia-doctor-who-prescribed-more-500-000-opioid-doses-sentenced-n1062136

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!

                               















































Comments

Popular Posts