Sorry, I really need to get more disciplined about writing this blog.  I think I just have too much going on in my head.  Right now I am thinking a lot about things that may happen in the future or are going to happen in the future.

One of the top things that is weighing on my mind is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.  Just to let everyone know that isn't a huge nerd like me, Rogue One is not a sequel to The Force Awakens which is called Episode 7 in the canon, it is a prequel to A New Hope or Episode 4.  In a way, I have been waiting for this movie before I even knew that I needed it, because Episode 4 came out two years before I was born and twelve years before I lost most of my memory at age 10 and 20 years before the "prequels" Episodes 1-3.  It is going to be a lot of fun, even though we know what happens at the end of the movie, we watch it to see what happens and what it may open up for us nerds for Episode 8 which is due out next year.

The second thing on my mind, it should probably be first but my priorities are strange, is a date I have with someone that could go very well.  Everything I have learnt about this young lady tells me this first meeting should good and lead to possibly more of a relationship, which is something I have been lacking for a very long time.  So, cross your fingers for me.

People are starting to embrace the theory I had out there since The Force Awakens came out, that Obi Wan-Kenobi is related to Rey.  I mentioned this back in January and I was usually laughed at but now other nerds are starting to turn around to this idea.  Daisy Ridley, who is playing Rey in the Star Wars canon, came out recently and said that she thought it was pretty obvious where her parentage is at.  She thought that it was funny to her that the people working on the movie had no idea who it is, people that work on set with her are left in the dark.  I think that this big secret is being held by around 4 or 5 people and of course Daisy is one that is in the know.  This secret is being held as well as the secret who is Luke's' father in the "original trilogy".   The story goes with the original secret that George Lucas hid it from everyone on set until the shot the famous scene in Episode 5 where Luke get's his hand cut off by Darth Vader before he reveals that he is his father.  He did that because he wanted to see the real reaction of Mark Hamill and it worked great.  I want to see something to that effect in Episode 8.

Last thing I would like to write about tonight is, what this day is remembered as, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.  As a history student I like to remember this day for the sacrifices those men and women took in the second World War, even though I like to think of that conflict as WWIII but we can get to that another time, and America was able to beat back imperialism and helped with the stopping of a mad man in Germany.  So, I took a moment of silence for those that made that sacrifice, thank you.  Now tomorrow there are two holidays that I think should be celebrated; Pretend to be a Time Traveler and National Brownie Day.  I think the second one is pretty important.

Anyway, that is all for tonight, I hope you all have a great day or night.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts