So, I am writing a little early today.  Last night I tried to go to sleep around 8:30 pm but was not able to get to sleep until 12:30 am and did not wake up until 8:30 am.  So I am writing a little early today so I can hopefully go to bed a little early, I am very tired.  So today was day two of hibernation and I didn't even go outside today.  It was way too cold even though we didn't get as much snow as I was expecting to get.  When I did finally wake up I noticed that the temp was -2 degrees F.  Definitely something I do not like much.  One thing this cold weather has done to me is my pain is getting worse, that was to be expected though but now my arthritis has gotten so bad in my hands that it is very difficult to open a larger pill bottle.  The smaller ones I can open just fine so I will need to talk with my pharmacist about that.  I did watch the Kansas City Chiefs football game today, it was sad that we lost by 2 points on a last second field goal, oh well, at least we are still going to the playoffs.

Some interesting things I learned today.  The guy that started the Pet Rock craze in the 70s made almost 5 million dollars in today's money, 1.5 million in 1976 money, on such a stupid idea.  Just goes to show that you do not have to have a huge idea to make a million dollars now.  The Pet Rock idea has recently been brought back and now you can buy all sorts of supplies for it such as a walking leash.  Cannot believe how people can just waste money, wish I had that problem sometimes.  Then after that, in about 1988 he sold another "invention" called Sand Breeding Kits.  It would come with two vials of sand, one male and one female, you mix them together to create your own desert in your own home.  I have to admit, this guy is a genius for doing this, obviously he has done something right as this even sold more than the Pet Rock.  Think I need to work on something like this.  Probably has already been thought of though.

So that is all for today, I hope everyone has a good day or night.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts