Stupid drivers, Star Wars spinoff hopes

So, I am still a little pumped from last night, watching Rogue One but I was able to put it on the side and get a few things done today.  One thing I discovered when I went out around 11 am today was that the little bit of rain that was coming down was quickly turning the roads icy and it seems that people lose their da*n minds when this happens around here even though we deal with this stuff on a regular basis.  While I was driving I viewed two wrecks and a few people that slid off the road, no damage was done when they slid off the road.  All you have to do is not go so fast, pay attention to what you are doing, which you shouldn't be doing anything with you cell phone while you are doing something as important as driving.  I think people just do not think of driving as an important thing anymore, which is sad and stupid.  You are piloting a vehicle that weighs average of 3,000 pounds, maybe you have passengers that need protecting, maybe even a smaller child and you do something as stupid as check Facebook or your email or something while doing this, that just isn't very smart in my book.  I sometimes wish that every vehicle was equipped with hand controls, which is what I use, so that way you have no ability to use your phone while driving.  There are a few times where I think the invention of the cell phone was great but then people do stupid things like playing with their cell phone while driving that proves that most people are idiots.  There is nothing more important than getting from point A to B safely while driving, especially with passengers.  So, that is my rant for today.

Speaking of Star Wars before that rant, there has been some interesting news that came from Lucasfilm recently.  It was said that there will be a meeting of the Lucasfilm and Disney in January, so next month, to see where to go after Episode 9, which would be a nice end to the Skywalker saga at 3 trilogies.  The question is for them, do they want to continue with this Skywalker story or do they want to focus more on anthology type movies, which is what Rogue One is.  Rogue One was always seen as an experiment, just to gauge what the public thought of these types of movies and what they should continue with.  I personally think, why not do both, but I am just a fanboy and would love to see Star Wars continue on into the future.  My top three anthology films for Star Wars would have to be: 1. Obi Wan Lost Years, or something like that; 2. An origin story of Yoda, 3. a history of the Jedi and Sith, because I am a history nerd.  I am not sure where they would go with the Skywalker story after Episode 9 but would love to see whatever they plan to do.

Well, that is all for tonight, I hope everyone has a good night or day.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts