Single Awareness Day, Vikings Stayed?, Run Out of New York, Stupid People

Happy Singles Awareness Day all!  Hope you all are having a great day!  My day hasn't been too bad, I did make it to the gym again today and had a really good workout.  Tried not thinking about being alone on this day and have done really good.  My friend came by earlier and gave me a present for valentines day, it was very nice of her.  It was some flowers and chocolate covered strawberries.  Very sweet of her to do that.  I made it to the store to get a few things before the weather gets bad but I made it to the store one day before the sale I was wanting to get things for.  That is what happens when you don't pay attention to the details and I am always talking about how people should pay more attention, so it was kinda ironic.  Oh well, we all mess up sometimes.  So I guess I will go to the store two days in a row, not a big deal.  The weather was so nice today and yesterday, today's high was about 64 and then the high for tomorrow is supposed to be about 25.  Big weather change but we are used to that around here.  Plus, starting tomorrow evening we are supposed to get some snow, anywhere from 3-6 inches and probably some freezing rain as well.  Fun stuff.  Well, let me go on and get to it!

Alternate History stuff day!  I want to talk about a project I am working on at the moment that is an alternate history topic, basically, what if the Vikings had stayed in North America and what would it look like throughout history.  Would, what we know as Canada, end up the same as it is in our timeline?  Would Europeans think they had discovered a New World when there were already Europeans there?  Would the United States of America exist in this timeline?  All questions I am trying to answer but it is proving a lot harder than originally thought.  I would like to write this as an ebook so I can quickly publish it under Amazon and use it to help me raise money towards getting my autobiography published.  And if this proves to be a good thing then I will write some more, focusing on more obscure parts of history, not What if the Axis won WWII or the South won the Civil War in America, I want to spend time talking about topics that do not get as much press.  Plus I am not really using much to research, mostly going off of what I had learned in college or elsewhere to help form the book.  I mean, there is of course some research, that is all I did as a history major in college anyway and it comes fairly easy for me.  Talking about government structures of the 15th century is not much fun but that is where I am at now.  At least it was more easy back in those days, mostly you dealt with a king or sometimes a queen, mostly republican forms of government would not come into vogue for a few more centuries.  Britain was pretty forward thinking in that sense, going with a parliamentary system fairly early on.  But that is getting away from what I am talking about.  Anyway, this is going to be a more regular part of my blog where I will talk about alternate history stuff on Thursdays.  If you want me to talk about a specific time period or topic then just suggest it to me and I will see what I can do.

A lot of you know how I feel about the choice of Amazon to put two new "HQs" in New York and close to Washington D.C. and this is just making it worse.  I never like the idea of giving out tax breaks to these big time companies to put warehouses or whatever in a city, but that is just how some business is done nowadays.  Amazon was ready to put one of their new HQ's in New York but it has now been run out of town by OCA and her whack job friends.  From this report I read, Amazon was going to bring in around 25,000 jobs that were going to be over $100,000 a year for each job, that is a lot of jobs and a lot of money.  New York has the same problem that California has in the sense that it taxes too much and they were willing to give a tax break to Amazon, now I am not sure exactly what that would entail but I am sure it was significant.  Just think how many jobs that would have brought into the area where that place was going in at.  The residual jobs, the ones not directly with Amazon but would have been more support oriented, would have been huge as well.  But, the democrats are good at throwing away good things because sometimes they don't care about people having these good jobs.  OCA is now out there calling this an incredible win.  What exactly is the win?  I am not going to listen to her talk, it makes me want to pull the skin off my scalp, I cannot pull my hair out since I shave my head.  Anyway, if you can stand her talking and want to hear what is happening, then go ahead and listen to this interview that is attached to this article; https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-cringeworthy-reaction-221825976.html

This was just someone who really did not think about what they were doing before they did it and caused an incident.  Won't spend a lot of time on this one, I will just add the article and let you decide.  A man entered a Home Depot store and told people "I'm fixin to blow it up".  You don't just say things like that nowadays, that's really stupid.  Here is the article; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bomb-threat-home-depot-turned-man-warning-others-badly-needed-use-restroom-212452328.html

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!


































Comments

Popular Posts