Not Doing It, Pizza Origins, Creepy Dad, Heartbreaking Article, American Justice

Hey there everyone, I hope your day is great!  My day was alright I guess, although I do not think I will be able to do that colonoscopy because of the clear liquid diet of two days they want me to do before the procedure.  I understand why they want people to do a clear liquid diet before a colonoscopy but I will not be able to do the prep.  I may have mentioned this before but I have hypoglycemia, also I take steroids because of the Addisons Disease.  That means I need to eat a lot throughout the day and being on a clear liquid diet for two days is just not going to work.  One of the nurses I spoke to that works in the GI department told me to take Ensure Clear, I can use that and it has protein in it to help me out.  I have been on Ensure before and it does not work for me as a meal replacement, as I have said a lot, I am a lot different, at least medically speaking.  I talked with my primary docs nurse today and she suggested that I call and talk to the doc at the GI place I have talked with before and explain to him what i going on with me.  I really do need to have the colonoscopy done, it is the last procedure we need to do to figure out what is happening with me when it comes to what has been going on lately.  At least what has been going on the last 15 years since coming down with Gullian-Barre Syndrome.  One thing she suggested is they might need to place me in the hospital to get this done.  I have been on a feeding tube before and still have the hole in my belly for it, if they need it.  I just want to be able to get this done.  Plus, I have been going back to the gym, I started again last week and am trying to go at least 3-4 times a week.  Feels good to get back to that.  So, let me go on and get to it!

History Day!  Probably one of the most loved American foods has to be pizza but I am sure you are thinking, what can he be talking about when it comes to history and pizza.  I am sure there are people that do not care about the history of pizza but I do and I want to talk about an article I found about who brought it over to America.  For many years it was thought to be Gennaro Lombardi that brought over the thought and recipe for pizza but it seems that Lombardi may have been a franchisee of the man who brought the pie to the free shores of the United States.  Filippo Milone seems to have actually brought the iconic food dish to Manhattan and New York.  Not much else I can say about this to do justice to this story, so here is the article; https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/father-american-pizza-not-who-we-thought-it-was-180971454/

Here is an interesting interview, I will add the video and article at the end.  But it has to deal with Bret Michaels, the hard partying rocker, talking about his daughter becoming a swimsuit model.  He talks about how it is bittersweet to see his daughter doing something like this.  There were a lot of stories about him and how hard he would party while on the road with his band.  It was a good interview and he was trying not to come off as a creepy dad while talking about his daughter, he does have a lot of good things to say for his daughter going on in this new path.  Here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bret-michaels-jokes-daughters-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-modeling-comeuppance-coming-full-circle-200928258.html

This article I ran across is very good and important to those that think patients are the ones to blame during this opioid crisis.  Here is a story of a young woman that has to have opioids to function in life and without those she would be almost dead.  But now she is having trouble with doctors and pharmacists willing to fill her scripts that she needs.   I have so much respect for this woman and what she goes through on a daily basis and it really sucks that she has to go through all these problems.  This is a problem for a lot of people out there that are unable to get the meds that will allow them to function in life, whether they cannot get scripts filled or the meds just cost too much.  I have a med that I need called Movantix that raised the price shortly after the first of the year and since it is the first part of the year I have to meet my deductible so that makes it a little harder to get the meds I need.  My deductible is $415 and after I pay that then my insurance will start to kick in to help me pay for meds.  The bad part is, there are a few plans that have a $0 deductible but those have much higher premiums.  But if you can and have the time, please read this article; https://www.yahoo.com/news/crackdown-opioids-victims-people-need-live-100058361.html

So a new trailer for the Aladdin live action movie dropped recently and it looks, strange.  I did not think a live action movie for Aladdin would work out very well anyway.  It's hard to adapt the genie to live action, this is a movie that should only live in animation.  Guess we will have to wait and see how good the movie is when it comes out on May 24th.  Here it is; https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/twitter-lot-feelings-smith-apos-162400250.html

One of the most wanted drug traffickers, El Chapo, is close to a new home over in Colorado at a super-max prison.  It couldn't have happened to a better guy.  A lot of horrible things have come out about this man during the course of the trial.  Probably the worst is the fact that he would drug and sexually abuse young girls as young as 13, calling them his vitamins.  Hopefully he finds some "friends" that really like him in prison and they pull out some of their own justice.  Here is an article on this; https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/12/nyregion/chapo-guzman-guilty.html

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!














































Comments

Popular Posts