End of the Week, Emergency Needed?, No Problems, No Amazon, Jussie Update, MCU and Star Wars Thoughts

Hello all, I hope the end of the week is going good for you! My day wasn't too bad, the weather turned real bad though after such a nice day yesterday.  The high today got up to 19 degrees while the high yesterday was 64.  Plus we have a lot of snow, probably close to 3 inches and driving was hell as I had seen a few wrecks while I was out and heard about another 20 on the radio.  All you need to do is slow down, pay attention, put your phone down until you get where you are going and use both hands on the wheel.  I think driving with hand controls help out a lot while driving in this stuff, it was really slick out.  Pretty sure there was a small amount of ice beneath the snow.  One wreck on highway 54 I had seen on Twitter had about 50 cars involved in it, crazy stuff.  We get snow and ice all the time but when it happens people like to act like idiots and not remember how to drive in it, just pay attention to the road and not your phone.  I seen so many idiots on their phones either talking or texting or whatever.  I sometimes talk on the phone while I drive but I use it hands free, I can also connect my phone through the vehicle but haven't done that yet, just haven't.  Hopefully will soon and I can just say who to call or when to hang-up without taking my eyes off the road.  Also, I had a quick phone interview with a place called Kelly Staffing about a substitute teaching position.  She had sent me over some emails of stuff I need to do to finish up the application.  Plus the application costs $100, which I should make back in no time.  So that's good, think I would like doing that.  Anyway, let me go on and get to it, have a lot to cover today!

Congress has passed a bill to be able to keep the government open, at least for awhile, and it gave a little money for the border wall, 1.37 billion, I think that's right.  So things are open now for President Trump to declare an emergency for getting the rest of the money for the wall.  Senator Rubio has come out recently saying we should just take some money from El Chapo to build the wall, which I think we should but there are all kinds of laws against stuff like that.  Not sure exactly what laws they are but we cannot just arrest someone who is really wealthy just to be able to use their money.  But I do like the idea he has, we should look into it.  If we did that though, what would stop the government from arresting a random billionaire and seize his money for use.  But anyway, the real reason for writing this is what Nancy Pelosi said, someone I do not really like either.  Anyway, she said something to the effect of, 'what would stop a president of a different opinion from declaring an emergency'.  Basically suggesting that a democratic president could declare an emergency on guns, but I do not think that is really viable.  The reason I do not think so is because the right to bear or own arms is directly in the Bill of Rights and cannot be infringed.  I think that if there ever is another civil war in this nation then this would be the catalyst, government agents going into a home to take away a law abiding citizens guns, that are promised from the Constitution.  Now you can say all day that the founding fathers that wrote that never envisioned that we would have the type of guns we have now but I do not think that holds up.  The majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens that have never committed a crime, much less a crime with a firearm.  I think that any person that is running for president, no matter what side, knows that this is something that could start a war.  Also, what side do you think the military would be on, sure there will be some on the side of no guns but not the vast majority.  I, for one, really do not want to see anything happen like that.  Here is an article that deals with this, think what you will about it; https://www.vox.com/2019/2/14/18225379/pelosi-national-emergency-wall-gun-control-democrat

Another point that Nancy Pelosi says is that there is not an emergency going on at the southern border, almost saying that there is nothing going on here.  I am against that as I think there is a serious problem going on down there.  Now I am not on the border and do not live close to there but from what I have seen, read and heard there is something going on there that does need to be addressed.  Is a wall going to fix it?  Not much at all.  The wall is more of something President Trump wants because it is something he promised during his campaign.  Like I had said before, this emergency will not go through, it is just something to make President Trump look tough on crime.  But there is something that needs to be done about the murderers and drugs coming across the border.  I cannot remember what the percentage of drugs in America coming from the southern border is but it is very high.  Yes, we produce a lot of the drugs that are used in America by ourselves but we don't need that stuff coming from down south.  So the democrats are wrong on this and the republicans are not fully right on this, nobody has the answer. 

Now that Amazon is not building an HQ in New York, maybe they should choose another location, maybe somewhere closer to the middle of the country like Kansas City or St. Louis.  I know that Amazon has already said that they will not replace that project with another location but I can always dream.  I guess me saying that is just me being selfish as I live in the middle of the country.  Here is a pretty upbeat article about this; https://www.wsj.com/articles/why-amazons-new-york-u-turn-is-good-for-americas-tech-economy-11550241348

I have a bit of a problem with this but it is very inconsequential.  It seems that as of late the makers of smartphones, like Samsung, Apple and LG, are putting out new models too fast.  At least that is my opinion.  It feels like to me that Samsung just released the Galaxy S9 just a few months ago and they are already talking about an event for the Galaxy S10 coming up next week.  I think they should only release these phones once a year or maybe a little longer than that.  But, like I said, this doesn't really matter to anything.  Here is an article on this; https://www.theverge.com/2019/2/15/18226008/samsung-experience-stores-long-island-los-angeles-houston

People do all kinds of crazy things for fame and fortune.  What happened to Jussie Smollett was horrible, I want to get that out there first.  If people did this to him as a hate crime then I hope those people are brought to justice.  This story is getting weirder by the day now as there have been reports that this could have been staged by Jussie and his people he works with.  If this was something instigated by Jussie then I hope he is held responsible.  I just hope justice is served either way.  Now the police are investigating 2 men that just got back from Nigeria about the attack.  Also, the 2 men that are being questioned are in the same show as Jussie, Empire.  When this first came out it was said that it was more than likely 2 white men and that video "evidence" the police released showed 2 people walking down the street in Chicago and it was very hard to make any identification of who they are.  You cannot even tell if they are male or female from what you have seen released from the cops.  I guess the police had raided the homes of the 2 men they picked up at the airport and what they found is not very telling that an attack happened.  They found 2 laptops, some bleach, a red hat and other things.  Those three things are very common household items, a lot of people have bleach in their homes for a lot of reason, that doesn't prove anything.  Not sure what exactly is going on here but I hope something comes out of this soon.  One thing that never sat well with me about this whole incident is Jussie said he was talking on the phone when he was attacked but would not turn his phone over to the cops.  Why would you not do that?  The police in Chicago have many other things to worry about also.  Here is an article I found on this subject; https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/14/jussie-smollett-attack-police-questioning-persons-of-interest-empire-actor/

MCU thought here.  We all know that only those who are worthy can weild Mjolnir.  That is why Steve Rogers was able to budge the hammer in Avengers: Age of Ultron, because he is such a boy scout.  Now in the MCU, Thor has a new weapon, Storm Breaker, which is a giant axe.  Now I think that anyone can lift this weapon though because it was not enchanted by Odin to only be lifted by those deemed worthy.  So in theory, even Rocket can pick up the axe to use it, which I think would be awesome.

Star Wars thoughts on Episode IX, a lot of talk has been going on about the trailer and why we haven't seen one yet.  I think there will be a trailer within the next 2 weeks, by the first part of March.  I really hope that the trailer doesn't let us onto what the movie is actually going to be about, I don't want to see any plot points shown, hopefully we all live in not knowing until the movie comes out.  Also, there should only be two trailers, really build up the hype.  Also, don't show Luke Skywalker at all, unless it is a quick scene of him but with no dialogue.  Those are my hopes.

Well, that is it for me today.  I hope all of you have a fantastic day or night, take care!






































Comments

Popular Posts