Update on Medical Condition

Thought I would come in to leave an update about what happened with the ER.  I went to the closer ER which was womens and childrens hospital and regret that just a little but I think I will be alright in the end of this.  There was not any wait to get back in a room, which is a nice touch when going to the ER, we all know how long it can take.  So I get back there and they make me comfortable and then the doctor comes in.  Again, no real wait.  He says they want to get an x-ray and a cat scan.  Doesn't take very long after that I go back for the x-ray, it was only two pictures so it was fairly quick.  I go back to the room and a little time later the girl comes and gets me for the cat scan.  That is an easy test to go through and went quickly.  I get back in the room and decide to lay down and then the doc comes in to tell me the scans did not show anything, no blockage or kidney stone.  It really did feel like I had one of each.  Said they were just going to give me a dose of fosamax and send me on my way.  Fosamax is an antibiotic that helps with UTI's but the bacteria I have in my bladder is not susceptible to fosamax so I am not sure what good it did. 

Today my stomach is feeling a little better but still a little crazy.  I have not gotten sick so that is good.  I did not sleep well again last night, same thing going on, feels like something is pressing against my prostate and I know it isn't my bladder because I use a cath right before bed and take DDAVP to slow my kidneys down.  When you sleep, your kidneys will start working in overtime to help cleanse the body, DDAVP slows that process down.  So, all in all I think I am a little better but not back to 100.  If I would have went to the main hospital I think they would have kept me though. 

Well, that is it for me.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts