Writing Early Today, Bad Fans?, Buttlegging

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing great today!  Yes, I am writing a little earlier, a little after noon but I ran across a few things I wanted to talk about, so this first area might be a little short.  I had an appointment with my psych earlier today and it went well, as well as any meeting with a psych can go, I did not cry this time, which was a relief for me.  We talked about on going things and how I am working through them.  Now I just want to stay home and rest my ribs, they are so sore, I think I bruised the bone.  It makes it tough to push in the wheelchair and to transfer anywhere, but I will be alright.  So, I want to get on to it.

Star Wars Day!  Now this might not be a happy Star Wars day post but I am still a fan of Star Wars, no matter what is done with the franchise.  So, I was watching a video on Youtube of a channel I am subscribed to called ComicBookCast 2 and he was talking about an issue that does have to deal with the Star Wars series.  It is about directors staying away from a franchise because of the fans.  I think Star Wars "fans" have gone overboard when it comes to the films, calling for a directors head and even threatening their life or their families lives.  I want to say, just as he does in the video that these sort of attacks should stop and are uncalled for.  I think that the police should be alerted any time some, so called fan, threatens a persons life or their families lives, that is a line that should not be crossed, we are supposed to be better than those kind of people.  This needs to stop and we might have to go around arresting people for those idiots get the hint.  Anyway, I will add the video here so you can make your own minds up; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMm0BzwvtQQ

This next one has me confused, even after reading the article that I will add later.  Well I sort of understood it, it mostly has to deal with smuggling, but everything nowadays has to have a weird name behind it and it is "buttlegging".  That is a very strange name when you are trying to describe smuggling, but whatever.  Even people like me who do not smoke cigarettes knows that it is pricey but in New York I guess they are really pricey.  I know that around here you are going to pay anywhere from $4 to $9 but in New York the prices are as high as $15 and that has become such an issue because New York lawmakers have raised taxes so much that it has lead citizens to start smuggling.  I guess taxes are as high there on cigarettes are up to $5.85, that is ridiculous.  I thought California had the worst taxes in the country but I guess not on cigarettes because New York is beating them on this, but after publishing this article I am sure that California is working on something to get their taxes up.  Here is that article; https://nypost.com/2018/07/28/rising-cigarette-prices-spark-increase-in-buttlegging/

Sorry, I had some stuff to do today that I forgot about.  But I am done for the day with this post, I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!




















Comments

Popular Posts