Alright Day, History Day

Hey all, hope everyone is doing great!  My day has been alright, did not do a whole lot today.  I did take my van up to get a pressure test done on the cooling system.  It does look to be the thermostat that needs to be changed.  Now, if we had dug even further into the engine we could have found a whole lot more stuff that needs replaced or fixed and didn't want them to look too hard.  I mean, the vehicle is almost 12 years old, coming up in September. That's when the 2019 models come out.  So it isn't too surprising that there are maybe many things wrong with my van, it's an 2007.  I will get this replaced and things will be better for a little while.  Ok, let me get into it all.

It is a history day!  So, what to talk about?  Let's talk a little about one of the most important pieces of American law that was put forth with the Declaration of Independence of the greatest country on this planet, I am of course talking about the United States of America.  The item I am talking about that our founding fathers wrote up for the burgeoning nation is, what is referred to as the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms.  It is not referring to wearing the arms of bears but it stands for the right of the citizen to own and operate a firearm.  These very smart men that worked to bring these rights to the people knew that the worst enemy of the citizen is a government that has gotten too big, which is the case right about now.  They also knew that in the face of some sort of invasion that if the citizens are armed then they can defend the country against foreign aggression.  Which was a real possibility at the time, especially against the country we declared independence from, England.  Now we use a firearm more to protect us than just use it on other people.  So, here is the article, now it originally came from the associated press; https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/Appeals-court-says-2nd-Amendment-allows-open-13101024.php

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts