Alright Day, Star Wars Stuff, Dumb Florida Law, Bobby Bonilla Day!

Hey there everyone, hope things are going well.  First off, I am going to the premiere for Ant-Man and the Wasp on Thursday night, so I will be writing a review then.  So, my day has not been too bad, did not do a whole lot.  I did watch my friends kids today for a few hours, it went well, although the three year old did act up a few times and I had to have a stern talk with him.  It was good though, love hanging out with them.  I think I mentioned this before but last week I had an appointment with a gastro doc and she wanted me to get an X-Ray of my abdomen to see if or how much I was backed up, since I only go about once a week.  I got the results and it seems I am not as bad as I thought, because I thought I was backed up pretty good or bad, depending on how you look at it.  So I am now taking Movantix, which is for opioid induced constipation and I am sure I need that.  So far it seems to have helped me go a little more regularly.  Enough about me, let's get into it.

Star Wars Day!  So I went to the website called Star Wars News Net and found a few things to talk about.  This is a very reputable site for information about Star Wars.  There has been a persistant rumor going around that Kathleen Kennedy will be leaving as head of Lucasfilm, and I do not think that rumor is wrong, one part of that rumor is wrong about who could supplant her position and Kevin Feige was said to be that person.  First, Kevin is very happy and doing a great job at Marvel and do not believe that he wants to leave his job now.  I think Lucasfilm would do much better hiring in house, someone like Pablo Hidalgo.  This so called rumor has been debunked on a number of levels, so please, don't believe it.  I think this year and a half break from Star Wars movies is a good thing, since Episode IX does not come out until December 2019.  Used to be three years between movies, if not more, but nowadays they want to pump one out every year.  As a big fan I would love something new coming out every other month but I do realize that I would get burned out pretty quickly.  So I think that after Episode IX comes out, they should wait at least up to three years until they release another saga movie.  Because I believe that Disney wants to continue the saga movie, maybe just with different characters, like Rey, Finn and Poe.  Maybe they will show Rey building the new Jedi Order or something like that, maybe just not called the Jedi Order.  And hopefully she does it the right way, since she did steal the original Jedi books before Yoda destroyed the first Jedi temple.  Cannot wait to see what happens next. 

Florida, the state where weird stuff happens, has just passed a new opioid law and now it is in effect and people are not really thrilled with it.  I guess, in Florida, you can only get a prescription for 3 days, unless a doctor claims that it is medically necessary.  This is just another way for doctors to make more money because you have to go see the doctor at least once a week.  This is crazy, especially for people that have co-payments with their insurance.  I do not see how this will help the opioid problem in this country.  When will lawmakers understand this, the problem has to deal more with addiction than anything else.  And when those idiots can understand this, then the problem will get fixed. 

I didn't post yesterday but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Bobby Bonilla Day!  Bobby Bonilla was a baseball player that negotiated a great contract with the New York Mets, where after 2011 he gets paid once a year on July 1st at $1.193 million until 2035.  It is complicated so I will find an article to post here.  I envy Bonilla so much, it was just genius.  Hope he is having a great retirement, here is an article.  https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/columnist/bob-nightengale/2018/07/01/bobby-bonilla-day-mets-deferred-payments-2035/749342002/

Well guys, that is it for me tonight, I am pretty tired.  I hope all of you have a fantastic day or night, take care!















Comments

Popular Posts