Alright Day, History Thing, Marvel Stuff, Losing Liberty

Hey guys, I hope you all are great!  Happy 4th everyone!  I am still trying to get my sleep schedule back on track but failed again this morning.  I did wake up at 5:30 am this morning but just shut off the alarm and rolled back over.  I really need to stop doing that.  Yesterday my day was pretty busy as I got my check and had some running around to do.  My left knee was really hurting from falling a few times the day before and it was pretty difficult to transfer, especially in and out of the van.  This morning it was easier to stand up but I still am not able to lock my left knee out.  Oh well, I wanted to stay home today so I could get some writing done.  I have done some good writing on my alternate history book today, I just need to pick up the pace.  I think I need to start setting aside some time everyday to do some writing and research.  Think I will start this tomorrow.  Anyway, let me get into it.

So, I was to write a history thing yesterday, so I will write one for you today.  And I think it is something that is very relevant to the day.  For the last few hundred years we have been celebrating the independence of America on July 4th, even though this is not the correct day that we declared independence from Britain.  That day happens to be August 2nd, it is true that most of the states or colonies signed for independence on July 4th but that piece of paper was not signed by the last state until the 2nd of August.  Things were a little slower back then, what without Twitter or Facebook, it took awhile for news to travel around.  Rhode Island, who is always has been a state to try and buck the trends, was the last remaining state to sign the document for independence and that happened on August 2nd.  So why don't we celebrate August 2nd then?  Even statesmen such as John Adams, who was also the second president of the new country, wrote in a letter that the day of August 2nd would be celebrated for an eternity, that this day meant everything to the fledgling country.  Everybody just seemed to jump on the 4th of July to be the holiday, for what ever reason.  Of course, back then all holidays meant you would get sloppy drunk and mostly cause chaos in the streets, even Christmas was treated with a lot of alcohol.  Luckily that one got cleaned up.  Spread this around, if you are an American or just really want to have another reason to celebrate a day ending in Y, that August 2nd should be held in high esteem. 

It is a Marvel Day, so what will I talk about?  I have already talked about the upcoming Ant-Man and Wasp movie, maybe I should talk about something else.  I guess I will talk about a few upcoming movies and then a few I would like to see in the MCU.  We have a long time between the Ant-Man movie and Captain Marvel, July to March, that is a long time without any MCU movies coming out but I think we will live.  Captain Marvel is going to be great, I really like that the original Captain Mar-Vell is going to be in the movie and passing on the torch, or so to speak.  Also that this is a prequel movie set in the 90's will be a lot of fun to find all the Easter eggs.  Then after that we have the untitled Avengers 4 coming out and I think that will blow the socks off of Infinity War at the box office.  Cannot wait to see what happens, how they defeat Thanos and bring everyone back.  Now, a few movies that I would love to see in future MCU movies.  I would say Fantastic Four or X-Men but since that deal is not finalized I will not talk about them.  I do not care how they introduce this character, be it in someone else's movie or their own but I would love to see Nova.  He would be almost as powerful as Captain Marvel and is just as cool as a character.  Another cosmic character I would like to see some form of is Quasar.  I think him and Nova working together would be great.  I do believe that they will introduce the character of the Sentry at some point within the next few years, Sentry is basically Marvels version of Superman but with a few differences.  The biggest one is that Sentry has some mental issues and his alter ego comes out sometimes, called The Void, and he has to defeat him to put him back down the hole.  No matter what they do the MCU seems as if it can do no wrong at this point.  No matter what they make I am down to watch them.

In the climate of the technology of today, you know that there are eyes and ears everywhere, maybe some in unexpected places, but they are there.  We are constantly being spyed on, in one way or another.  So it is no surprise that your phone is doing this to you as well, as long as you have a smartphone and not an older clam-shell phone or one without a camera.  If you have a "smart tv" then it can spy on you.  We seem to have spies everywhere.  Remember what Ben Franklin said back in the 18th century, and it is still relevant today, it goes something like this; "If you give up a little liberty for a little security, then you deserve neither"  Basically, if you give up some of your liberties then you are bound to lose some security.  And it seems, now anyway, that we have to give up a little bit of our liberty to get a little more freedom.  We just need to watch it and be more vigilant. 

Well, that is all for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful day or night, take care!
































Comments

Popular Posts