Ok day, disability problems, phone recordings

This is not something I want to do, miss multiple days of posting.  I have just been busy and was unable to provide quality posts, I did not want to just pop my head in and say hi and then leave.  I would rather have a good discussion I put on here.  So anyway, today started off with little pain but that soon picked up and now I am in an 8 pain, even though I have taken a pain pill recently as I am writing this at 2 pm.  Oh well, I am sure I will be fine, at least I still have pain meds.

So, one of the reasons why I have been kind of busy lately is because me and my neighbors have been having some trouble with the people that run this apartment complex.  Mostly due to the new ramp that was constructed last Friday.  They did a great job with making everything more level, although it is not up to ADA standards which a ramp needs to be 1:12 or one inch of rise for every foot of run.  The way it is now the ramp is probably 1:5 or so, which is too steep for me to get up going straight so I have to turn around backwards.  I think the management now understands that if they do not fix this issue then they could be dealing with a lawsuit.  I have spoken with the ADA director for Columbia Missouri and am going to be speaking with a friend that works for Services for Independent Living in town, that is a group that helps people with their living situations that have any form of disability.  The reason why my neighbors are getting involved is because she is in a power wheelchair and the ramp is too steep for her to go down.  She could easily loose control going down and have a very bad accident, they have not even put the railing up.  I have given the management here a few different options to rectify this situation.  Plus I may be moving soon because I have been having a lot of trouble with my bathroom, it is way to small, the shower is a stand up shower.  That does not really work for me.

I know, I really need to stop doing this but I have to say something, it is the top story on Yahoo right now.  I guess there has been a leak of the presidents conversations he has had with other world leaders over the phone.  I do not like that those transcripts are getting out to the press.  I do not think this really qualifies me apologizing for President Trump, just voicing my opinion that I do not think that any president's conversations should be made public knowledge.  I am sure that the person that President Trump was speaking to would not like their conversations to be made public, it could be very embarrassing for them as well.   I know that the government spies on us every chance they get but some things should really be private and I think these should be too.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts