Boring Day, Bad People, Rich Politicians

Hi everyone, I hope all of you are doing well today.  So, I have had a pretty good but boring day and I like it that way sometimes.  Day started with quite a bit of pain but got better by medicating it with my pain meds.  I had gotten out today to mail a few things, did not have any problems there and my knee is feeling better today actually.  That ice pack I had gotten from my Emergency Room visit works great, I like that it has the strings I can use to tie it up to my leg.  Have not done a whole lot today and that has been good.  The news said that there is estimated to be upwards of 100,000 extra people in Columbia or at least Boone County this weekend for the eclipse.  It is already a little crazy since the college kids are just now getting back and their parents are here also.  On the radio they said that hotels in Columbia are at about 95% right now and are expected to be at 100% on Sunday night, which is good for the local economy.  Just makes it a little harder on the people living here.  If there is going to be 100,000 more people in this area, that will make the 125,000 person population of Columbia almost double for a few short days.  Kinda crazy when you think about it.  Anyway, my pain level right now is a comfortable 8.  Now, on to other stuff.

I thought it would be fun for me to make a list, so many others do it with great results.  Thought it would be nice for me to throw my hat in.  Today I will list my worst, monstrous people in a top 5 list.  One of the main factors I am going by is how many people died because of direct action from these people on the list, no matter if it is war deaths or actions from their policies or they were just a little nuts.  I will give a little bit about them and what made them on this list.  Enjoy.  So, starting off with number 1, Mao Zedong; The first communist leader of China murdered people not by war but by the actions of his policies towards the people of China.  His most disastrous policies were his dreaded 5 year plan, in these instances like the Cultural Revolution.  His death toll was around 60 million.  2: Joseph Stalin; Communist leader of the USSR.  Very paranoid and liked to murder his political rivals and anyone who would disagree with him.  Estimated death toll 35 million.  3: Adolf Hitler; No need to talk much about this one, most everyone knows him.  Death toll around 28 million.  4: King Leopold II; King of Belgium and "owner" of the Congo Free State.  Murdered the native population if the quotas were not met.  Death toll 20 million.(So much more I could talk about this guy, probably the most murderous person most people have no idea about) 5: Pol Pot; Communist leader of Cambodia.  Did not like opposition and any person who opposed him or wore glasses were killed right away.  Also if you owned even 1 book was killed, killed over a quarter of the population of his country.  Death toll 3 million.  Lot of bad guys there, glad all of them are dead.  Notice that most of them were communist leaders.  Not the way I hope the United States goes.

Next thing I did today was research the richest people in modern day politics.  Of course there were former presidents such as President Washington who were the richest person in all of American politics, counting for inflation.  His wealth was over 500 million and back then that was more money than you knew what to do with.  Now probably the richest person would be President Trump around 3 billion.  Somebody that might be running for president in the next election is Mark Zuckerberg, who would then be the richest if elected at around 68 billion.  I think it is terrible that people in congress are mostly all millionaires, how are they supposed to connect with the common citizen in America that is getting by on only 20,000 a year.  I make less than 20,000 a year but I am considered to rich to get on certain programs that could help me out.  So I think members of the Senate or the House should be put on term limits and they should not be able to play in the stock market because there are chances that they can get insider info about those things they would be investing in.  If they want to invest then they can do the same as most people and put their money in CDs at the local bank or something like that.  Just my opinion.

Well, that is all for tonight.  I hope you all have a great day or night, take care.

Comments

Popular Posts