Fun Boring Day, Trouble in Zimbabwe

Hey there, I am back for tonight.  So, today was another boring day, I do not mind them much anymore.  I tried to take it easy today on my right leg because my ankle has been hurting a little more today and is swelled more than usual.  In a wheelchair you will have some swelling of your ankles from retaining water since you do not use them as much but it is swollen more than normal.  So I put my right foot up some, tried not to strain it too much.  I also worked on a different way to get my chair out of the van without standing up today, I tried sitting in the drivers seat and just basically drop the chair, which I do not think is a good long term solution, maybe I will work on something different tomorrow.  Well, my pain is higher today, more close to a 10 pain.  Oh well.

Something I almost guarantee that you will not hear from the regular "news" is about what is happening in Zimbabwe right now.  This is something I heard from the radio, a local station that plays popular programs from around the country called 1400 AM KFRU.  The government of Zimbabwe run by the madman Robert Mugabe, who should not be in office and should not get any support from America but he does, has approved the wholesale slaughter of the white farmers.  The homes and fields owned by white farmers can now be claimed and taken by any force necessary by the black population.  It is wrecking havoc on the countries economy, which is already really bad with around a 90% unemployment rate and most rates by 2005 the inflation rate was over 66,000%.  That is a number that is unheard of.  Most of the problems in Zimbabwe can be cured by doing the same thing that would help a number of African countries, get rid of their worthless leader.  He has led the country down a very dark tunnel for too long.  Robert Mugabe, the current head of the country became the "president" in 1987 and is 93 years old.  I do not think it is out of line for me to say that he has had this position for long enough, they should rise up and boot him out and have free elections, but that is easier said than done.  I hope the people of Zimbabwe will rise up and get new leadership that will hopefully steer them in the right direction.

Well, that is all I have for tonight.  I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts