Lot of Pushing, China Warning from the 1850's, Jim Brown: Great American Hero

Hello all, I am back.  Sorry I did not write a post last night, I got to watching something and then went to bed and did not even think about it till this morning.  So I am here and I have a few things to talk about, but first my health.  Still not sleeping as well as I would like but I am getting by with it, I won't let a not sleeping right effect me at all.  Today I woke up at about a quarter after 3, which is just a little later than I have been waking up.  One of the hard things about is that I cannot seem to get a nap in during the day.  Since Sunday I have been getting outside to push around.  Sunday I did right at 1 mile, then .56 miles because it was foggy out, 1.30 miles.  I will probably get out again today as I usually get out about 6 and am writing this at 5:30.  Actually I did go out at 6 am and did 1 mile at 19:59, which is probably my best time, even when I was working out like crazy.  So that was fun.  My pain level today is 10.

First thing I would like to talk about is an obscure letter that was sent to The Time of London and reprinted in 1855, sorry but I could not find the original.  It talks about something that was dire in the 19th century and is just as dire today, very foretelling.  The letter was penned by Thomas Taylor Meadows talking about the "Sick man" to which he was referring to the Ottoman Empire.  For many years it was something spoken of about the empire as it was seen crumbling, loosing most of her holdings that were not, what is today, Turkey.  So, here is the short letter: "To support the "sick man" in the Near East is an arduous and costly affair; let England, France and America too, beware how they create a "sick giant" in the Far East, for they may rest assured that, if Turkey is [a] European necessity, China is a world necessity."  That little bit at the end is very important as China is a huge deal today, especially economically.  Some economist are saying that China will surpass the United States of America as the worlds wealthiest country within 10 years, but that takes into effect that the United States is not going to grow much at all, that our GDP does not swell at a comparable speed as to China, which I think they are wrong.  I guess we will see.

Second thing I would like to talk about is whatever Jim Brown, legend of the Cleveland Browns football team, said to the current players to make them stop protesting the National Anthem.  The public will probably never know the full extent of what was said to the players but one thing we do know is he said he would never disrespect the American flag or the National Anthem, and I think he is exactly right in saying that.  There are much better ways to protest any occurrence in America or the world than by sitting or kneeling during the National Anthem just because a quarterback that is not any good anymore does the same thing.  I think that people should use their brains more than they are now.

Well, that is it for today.  I hope you all have a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts