Bad Few Days, Virginia Rally, Worthless UN

Hi everyone, I am back for tonight, sorry that I took a few days off.  I will tell you what is going on with me, yesterday started out pretty good.  I got out to run some errands, mail some cards and such and that was going good until I arrived at home and was transferring out of the van.  I lifted my chair out and set it down and then my right knee just gives out.  I messed my right knee up again but did not do much damage to my left knee, although it does hurt a little but not as bad as the right.  There are bruises all around my knee but the worst one is just above my knee and below my thigh.  I tried putting a cold pack on it and that did not seem to help anything so I decided to try a heat pack that I have.  The one I have is a really nice body comfort one, the only drawback with this particular one is that to "reset" the pad I have to boil it for about 15 minutes, which seems to take a lot longer to do.  Well I did that and applied it earlier and it felt better for awhile after using it, so I guess I will stick to using the heating pack and not an ice pack.  So yesterday my pain was pretty high after that and averaged at 9.5.  Today is a little better but the pain has been at a 9 most all day.

So, one of the bigger news stories today is the white supremacist rally in Virginia.  Of course I am against any group that thinks they are better just because of skin color for a lot of different reasons, I am not going into every reason but some of it is pretty obvious why I do not like them.  Anyway, a lot of things happened over there today, like some idiot that drove straight into a crowd and killing just one, it could have been much, much worse.  I guess the main reason why the rally happened was because the University of Virginia wants to take down a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. I think that we should not remove these types of historical icons anywhere unless it is private property, not state or federal property.  I am such a big proponent of any kind of history, even the history that is controversial.   If we do not understand history then we are doomed to repeat it.

Well I guess former President Barack Obama is planning on getting back into politics, somehow.  Not sure what it is he plans on doing but at least he cannot have such an important post as president.  I always said that I thought President Obama was trying to position himself to secure a spot as United Nations Secretaries-General, which is basically the president of the UN.  I think the UN. is mostly a worthless organization that cannot or will not do anything to stop atrocities in the world today.  They are good at condemning things, like the Syrian civil war, but are horrible at putting anything together to help the people of the world.  The United State of America is one of the few countries that actually pays dues to the organization, some countries just simply say they forgot and all is forgiven.

That's all I have for tonight.  I hope everyone of you has a great day or night, take care!

Comments

Popular Posts