My Thoughts on Prison Stuff

 Hey guys, I decided I needed to post something on an issue I talked about recently.  These are just my thoughts so read into it what you want.  Also, I really hope all of you are having a great weekend so far!


So one of the big issues going around this country is police and prison reform and I do agree that there are certain things we need to work on as a people.  But something else to take into account is that prisons in this country are a whole lot better than in other parts of the world.  I know that for some people it's now considered cool to hate on America but then they talk great about other countries often not knowing much of anything about those countries.  There was a time when we had interment camps in America but we never done to those that were put into those as bad as what some other countries do to their own citizens and I think one of the worst at this time is China.  That country has a horrible track record of human rights for the people living there, not as bad as North Korea but still bad.  One group that is getting the short end of the stick there is the Uyghur, these are Muslims that live in western China.  They claim that these people cause terror attacks but it is usually the Chinese government that is perpetuating those acts and blaming it on people they want to punish for not holding communism in as high regard as those in charge think they should.  Because of that, China has created re-education camps to try to make these people bend to their will.  I think it's crazy that we as Americans still treat these countries like they are our friends when in fact they hate us because of how we treat our citizens, why do we still have normal relations with them, I know why because it's mostly all about what can you do for me like with money.  What brought this on is a list I just read on Listverse of 10 of the worst concentration camps that people have had to deal with.  And you will notice that America is not on there once because the way we treat prisoners is way more humane than the others on this list.  Here is that list; https://listverse.com/2019/05/02/10-horrifying-stories-from-communist-prisons-and-labor-camps/?utm_source=more&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=direct

That is just my opinion on the subject, America is actually pretty good when it comes to how we treat prisoners compared to the countries on this list.  Well, that's it for this little post, I hope you all have a great rest of the weekend, take care and stay safe!


Comments

Popular Posts