Getting Used to It, Historical Revenge, Election Thoughts, So Stupid, Close it When Done

 Hey there all, I hope your Wednesday is going great!  So my day was alright, getting a little more comfortable with the temp dentures.  Although I was having trouble with the tops not staying in and I cannot use any kind of gel to hold them in since I still have stitches in.  So I spent quite a bit of the day with only my lowers in which was really only about 2 hours or so.  Went to the dentist to get a spot worked out that was rubbing on the lowers, they say I can't adjust the tops anymore until I get my soft liners done on the 11th but after that I can start eating real food.  The weather has been crazy here, high of 72 today and it's supposed to continue for the next 3 days or so.  Not used to this type of weather in early November, usually you have to wear a hat and big coat but this is a nice change of pace.  Time for me to get into it!


History Day!  There are times in history where you feel so wronged that the only course of action is to take revenge on the offending party and that what this list looks at, some of the biggest cases of revenge ever taken out in history.  There have been many people in history you really don't want to get on the wrong side of and one of those people that has to be in the top 3 is Genghis Khan.  After uniting all of the Mongol tribes he decided he wanted to start a trade agreement with the Khwarezmian empire, they were just to the west of Genghis' lands and he wanted to be all peaceful with the leader but Ala ad-Din Muhammad had other ideas.  After the first peace mission he sent was killed by Muhammad Genghis sent another one and that's when the leader of Khwarzemia made a huge mistake by killing them.  This started Genghis on his path to conquer the world, so Muhammad was the impetus to drive Khan to want to rule the known world.  The next one is a great story and I suggest you check it out as I will not do it justice, Saint Olga of Kiev.  She was beautified after almost wiping out an entire civilization called the Drevylans and she was very serious about her revenge.  Here is that list from Listverse; https://listverse.com/2020/10/15/top-10-historic-acts-of-vengeance/


Here are a few thoughts about the presidential election from yesterday.  I don't know why there is so much trouble in deciding who won, things would be so much easier if everyone used paper ballots instead of machines.  It has been commented that it could take up to a week to figure out who is the real winner.  I think we can fix this for upcoming elections by putting a stop time on counting votes.  I don't think the counting should continue after the day of the election.  Guess I'm kind of an all or nothing type of guy.  So what are your thoughts?


Not very surprised about this but another anchor for MSNBC, Joy Reid, used a slur against Justice Clarence Thomas calling him Uncle Clarence, making a reference to Uncle Tom.  In reality the character of Tom who became Uncle Tom was more of a hero in that story but I bet that Reid has never even read the book but facts do not matter to liberals as they just like to tear people down.  Here is that article; https://news.yahoo.com/msnbc-joy-reid-labels-justice-150310965.html


This next story deals with something I have been doing for a very long time, closing the lid on the toilet when you flush.  I am very aware of the particles that can be released when flushing the toilet without putting the lid down.  Years ago I remember the show Mythbusters doing an extensive test on this, to see how far the particles go and how long they stay in the air.  So basically, if you have a toothbrush just hanging out on your bathroom sink unprotected then when you flush without putting the lid down you could be contaminating something you put inside your mouth with fecal matter particles.  So save yourself and close the lid to flush.  Here is that article; https://wgntv.com/news/heres-why-you-should-always-close-the-toilet-lid-before-you-flush/

Welp, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that each of you has a great night or day, take care and stay safe!

































Comments

Popular Posts