Good Day, Nuclear Weapon Mishaps, Old Man Race, It's Slowng

Hey there everyone, hope your Tuesday is going great!  My day wasn't too bad, just wish the weather was a little bit better.  On Sunday the high was 74 and today the high was 39 and the sun didn't pop out of the clouds once.  Don't like these sudden temp shifts like this but I guess it doesn't matter what I want.  So I didn't go to the gym today as I had other things to do, like a doc appointment with my psych.  It was a good meeting but we really didn't figure a lot out, maybe next time.  I will be going back to the gym tomorrow though.  On Sunday it was so nice that I decided to push over to the office and on the way back I counted my pushes, I did 259 pushes in .33 miles.  I think that's pretty good, next time I will count the pushes over there and add them up.  So anyway, let me get into the good stuff!

History Day!  I'm going to talk a little about the history of almost nuclear accidents because we have had a lot of them and you probably didn't hear about this on the news at the time of some of these.  I am pulling from a list on Listverse.  Now these are times when we almost had a serious problem but crisis was averted somehow.  Of course I will talk about a few of these in the list.  The two I'll talk about have to deal with the Soviet Union and that they saved the world.  Not the leaders of the SU but these are "regular" people.  The first one has to deal with one of the closest times the world has ever come to complete armageddon with the U.S.A. going to nuclear war against the Soviet Union.  At the time America had a Russian sub surrounded and was dropping depth charges to get it to rise.  Every person on the sub wanted to launch a nuclear attack except for one person.  Thank that man when you want.  The other time came about 20 years later when a Lieutenant Colonel Stanislav Pertrov was watching an early warning radar system and noticed 5 blips that appeared to be ICBMs coming from America.  He could have alerted command about this but thought there must be a problem because why would America only launch 5 missiles instead of them all.  He believed the system to be faulty and he was right and we all avoided something horrible that day.  Good job Stanislav.  If you want to read the others then here is the list; https://listverse.com/2020/03/10/top-10-near-misses-with-nuclear-weapons/

So today is Super Tuesday II, or at least that's what some are calling it.  I just call it a race of old men trying for a job that they probably won't be good at.  I forgot that Tulsi Gabbard is still in the race so I guess they at least have some diversity because that's what all those kids were mad about, that there were not any women or people of color running.  Wonder how long she will stay in.  It looks like some of the results are in, from what I just read Joe Biden won in Missouri.  I'll tell you all this, I didn't vote for him, I didn't vote for any democrat as I believe that my couch could do a better job that either him or Bernie.  Tulsi isn't as bad but still don't really like her and no it's not cause she is a woman.  There probably will be a woman front runner in 2024, Nikki Haley.  I wouldn't mind seeing that.  I don't have an article to put on here, just wanted to say my piece.

So I've looked at few different news sources that all say the same thing, the coronavirus is getting managed in China to where the infections are slowing.  Xi Jinping, the president of Communist China, visited the hard hit city of Wuhan to show that they are winning against the spread of the disease.  Of course you might want to take that with a grain of salt seeing as how China has to put on a smiling face to show they are beating this virus.  And it's always hard to trust China for a myriad of reasons.  But we all could do with some good news about this situation, hopefully it is starting to slow down and we will be rid of the virus in a month or so.  Here's to hoping and that article; https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-51813876

Well, that's all for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great night or day, take care!
































Comments

Popular Posts