Trying to Get Things Done, Bad Walmart, Stupid News

Hey guys, hope your Saturday is going great!  Mine is going alright, trying to get a lot done around the apartment.  So far I have gotten a load of laundry done, put up dishes and refilled up the dishwasher, took out some trash and ran to Walmart to get a few things.  It isn't even 4 pm and I'm already wore out and not wanting to do what else I need to do, like run the vacuum.  Columbia, for those of you who do not know, is a town run by the University of Missouri, Columbia College and Stephens College, so the town goes on ebs and flows of when the students come back and when they leave.  Walmart was so busy it triggered my anxiety to a level I have not felt before, every checkout lane was actually open at the store, which is hardly ever the case.  I made it through alright but there were so many people there, I did not think it would be that busy since the students moved back on the 15th.  Also driving was horrible today, so many out of towners and people from another state not knowing what to do with some of these roundabouts that have been put in recently.  Columbia has a diamond interchange, when it was built there were only two others in the country.  It can be a little confusing but if you just follow traffic then things will be fine.  Then there is a double wishbone here and people that live in town have trouble with that and it has been here for awhile.  When they first opened that up last year there was a wreck from the first group of cars to go through, sort of a thing to come scenario.  But anyway, lets get to the fun stuff!

Columbia is a good sized city, at least I think but I am from a town with less than 5,000 population and we have three Walmarts here.  The Walmart that is closest to me, at least geographically, I never go to anymore and the reason is, we call this Walmart the ghetto Walmart from the people that work there and the customers.  This is a Super Walmart that closes at 11 pm because there have been numerous bad things happening there, like shoplifting at night, stabbings, fights or just other activities that are not legal.  It is a really bad Walmart to go to, there are customers there that walk around with their fat rolls hanging out of their shirts, people yell there a lot or while talking on a cell phone.  That is something that irritates me, someone in a public place like a store or restaurant that has to talk loudly on their phone, I do not care to hear what you are talking about so I will tell them sometimes to shut up, I also do not like people that are in line to checkout and talking on the phone, just hang it up and call back.  That last one is really rude to do when checking out.  Ok, that was a little rant that felt good to get out.

I am really getting annoyed, the news media seem to think that there is nothing else going on that is newsworthy except this stupid story about somebody might have a tape where President Trump used the n-word.  Who cares, he probably has said it but I do not have proof and I really do not care if there is such a tape out there.  As most of you know, I am not a fan of President Trump but he was elected president of this great country so I do not think it would be right to attack the President, at least not on things that don't really matter when you think about it.  The news media is supposed to report the news, not gossip.  I wish the election for a new president was this year so we can finally get back to the news talking about things that really matter in the world.  But I guess for the next few years this is what we will have to deal with.  Stay away from the news and just pick and choose what you want to listen to I guess.  I give up on that aspect, you can't fix stupid.

Well, that is it for me today.  I really hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!


































Comments

Anonymous said…
Steven it dose not sound like you are enjoying the big city life,I can tell you small town living has it's bad days to.At our walmart we only have two check outs.But know they put in all these self checks,like everyone should sack and scan your self.I will not use them I don't get paid to do it. I am like you people are so rude and it sounds like we did do a good job at telling you about manners.I hope your Sunday goes better.Good post.

Popular Posts