Good Day, Vietnam War Talk, Horrible People

Hey everyone, hope your day is going great! My day has been good, I have got some things done around the apartment that I have been wanting to get done for awhile today and that feels good.  I wanted to watch a movie today but did not get one in today, maybe tomorrow.  I also want to go back and watch the Clone Wars series so I can get caught back up before the new 12 episodes comes out next year.  The last few days has been terrible on the road around here in Columbia, I think a lot of that has been since some students are coming back to town.  Classes do not start up at the University of Missouri until August 21st, I think.  August 15th is called move in day, for mostly the new freshmen just coming in and they will be moving into the dorms.  Here at MU freshmen have to live their first year in the dorms.  Well anyway, let me get into the good stuff.

History Day!  This legislation that was passed today helped ramp up the war in Vietnam, the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.  Many years later we have discovered the event leading to this legislation was faked and used to push the United States into a foreign war, but I am not going to talk about that.  This will be my thoughts and opinions on the war as a whole.  Some of you may not like them but that does not mean you have to stop reading my writing, it means that we should have a discussion about the subject sometime.  Write me if you want to talk about it.  Anyway, this was a conflict that the United States should have never been involved in and it was all because of the French trying to keep control of their overseas territories.  Back in the 1950's, the area that is called Vietnam now, French Indochina back then, was in revolt and wanted the French gone.  France did not know what to do and after being weakened by the two World Wars was not able to project power out to all of it's colonies that it held far away like in southeast Asia.  This was a problem for the French because they did not want to look even more weak than they already did.  This is another reason why I am not big on France.  France decided to come running up to America and ask us for assistance, since we were not embroiled in a war or revolt of any kind.  And they thought we were pretty good at starting trouble and getting governments or revolutions overthrown as we did in Iran in 1953, even though that was a mistake we paid for later.  I will talk about the Iran situation another time, that was a clusterfuck.  This war was not managed the right way from the start, I am not totally blaming the top generals or others but everyone had a hand in this disaster.  At the time, America was not in a good place politically in the 1960's, so I am sure that had a lot to do with it.  One thing I never liked about how the war was handled was when they wanted to do something like an offensive and then held off on it long enough for the enemy to regroup.  We should have went in with full hands and not held back and then the war may not have lasted as long and I think it would have shortened the war considerably.  One thing I always liked about WWII was that within a few weeks after we entered that war, there was an outline of what the United States of America would do once we were victorious.  That, to me at least, showed complete confidence that we were going to come out on top.  Now, the main reason that the Allies won the second world war was the Soviets, but that is another story, but the Allies were victorious.  If you would like to talk about this in more detail then message me.

Yesterday there was some very disturbing news coming out of New Mexico about a compound that was built in the middle of the desert holding up to 11 children from ages up to 15 with nothing but dirty rags for clothes.  The two men that have been charged with holding the children and child abuse in those inhumane conditions are being called Muslim extremists.  They very well could be terrorists but the question is, what were they doing out there?  This could have been a site for a cell in America to practice to doing some sort of attack, this area is pretty secluded away from everything.  People go to areas like this to go off the grid.  These people, the wives and husbands of these kids and any other adults should get the full book thrown at them.  First find out if they are here legally, I would not be surprised if at least one or more are not here legally. 

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!
































Comments

Popular Posts