Nice Day, Don't Call Them Mormons

Hey there everyone, hope things are awesome for you today!  My day has been good but man am I still really tired.  So I will probably write a shorter post today, just reading to go to bed.  Anyway, my friend came by with her kids today, it was the youngest birthday today, he is a big 1 year old.  They went over to the pool to go swim, I stayed home because I didn't really feel like going and I wanted to get a little writing done.  Which I promptly did get done.  I worked on the autobiography today and talked about how 2007 was my first real time getting into the digital world.  Also, I still have my email address that was set up in 2001.  I have had that email now for about 17 years, pretty good record for me.  So today was good for me, I hope to get more writing done tomorrow, I am trying to find time everyday where I can write.  The thing is you really need to be in the mood, you cannot have any other distractions and you really need to take any writing you do very seriously.  One more quick thing, I had went to the bike shop and ordered tires for my chair, they called today and said they just found out that Schwalbe is not making wheelchair tires anymore, so now they are looking for a new producer.  It might take a few to get my tires but I will get them.  Hope the new tires are just as good too.  Well, let me get into it!

Here is a quick one, I just ran across this article, I will add it at the end.  So I guess they do not want to be called the LDS church or Mormons anymore.  The article did not specify what they should be called from now on but one of the church leaders said that God wanted to change the name.  Little fact, it was totally legal in the state of Missouri to kill a Mormon for any reason and that law was overturned, I think, in 1973, but it was around that time though.  Yes, if you found out that your neighbor was a Mormon then you could go kill him and say to the judge, he was a Mormon, and you will not be charged with a crime.  That all goes back to what happened when the Mormons were going through Missouri and trying to find somewhere to set down, they thought that Independence Missouri was the site of the Garden of Eden and caused a lot of ruckus in the state.  There were shootings and people died and that finally ticked off the lawmakers of the state to ban them from living in Missouri.  Finally they settled out west, in what is now the state of Utah.  So I guess things sort of worked out, in a way.  So here is the article, have fun; https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/don-t-use-mormon-or-lds-church-name-president-says-n901491

That is it for me tonight.  I really do hope all of you have a great day or night, take care!


Comments

Popular Posts