Feedback Please, The Great Emu War, Fake Tears

Hey there, hope you are doing great today!  I have not said this yet but I appreciate all of you that come back and read my posts and if you want me to talk about anything specific or touch on something different, then please let me know.  I'd love to have some feedback.  Let's get into it!

History Day!  Here is a quick, funny story from history.  There have been wars started for all kinds of reasons from the biggest reason, religion, to someone losing an ear but the funniest war, in my opinion is the Great Emu War of Australia.  Emu's are the second largest bird in the world and the largest bird in Australia, even though it is a bird it cannot fly.  This "war" began a little while after WWI and was considered at the time to be a nuisance wildlife management military operation.  This was a war against an enemy that did not know or could understand that it was at war with the humans.  This was a crazy adventure to try to get rid of some animals that were ravishing crops in western Australia.  The army of the country even brought in the big guns, literally.  Lewis guns are another type of machine gun.  After the first day, there were untold amount of shells fired and not a one emu was dead.  All this did was scare the birds.  I will include something easy from Wikipedia to read so you can find out about this stupid military operation.  So overall, the emu won and men were even more afraid of the wildlife of Australia.  Most all creepy things down there are out to kill you and I think that everyone that lives in Australia is a badass for wanting to live there.  Here is that Wikipedia article about the war; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

Now, lets talk about some news events, sorry I am publishing this a little later, by the way.  As most of you know, a real American hero died yesterday, John McCain.  It is true that he was a hero, he was shot down over Vietnam during the Vietnam War and was tortured for years.  He persevered and came out stronger for it.  He served this country in the House of Representatives and in the Senate, some say he was in office for too long and I agree with those aspects.  I may not have agreed with everything the man put forward but he always fought for what he thought was right and I can respect that.  It is pathetic now that there are all kinds of Congress people trying to get in front of any camera they can to show they loved John McCain by shedding a tear, just to get a few minutes of television time out of a man's death, it's really pathetic and should be called out.  But nobody is going to call out people for doing this as it would prevent them from getting their 15 minutes of fame.  Anyway, that is something I do not want people doing at any funeral for me is crying.  A funeral is supposed to be a celebration of a persons life, where you look back and see what they have done, good or bad, and rejoice that they were in you life for a certain amount of time.  You can cry in private but not at a funeral.  I have been guilty of doing this before but I still looked back on that time I had with that person instead of the dread I feel from not having them in my life going forward.  Just think people should look at the brighter side of things, especially in that moment of a death.

Well guys, that is it for me tonight.  I hope all of you have a wonderful night or day, take care!



































Comments

Popular Posts