Good Monday, Star Wars Hopes, Shooting Over Video Game, Problems Legalizing Weed

Hey everyone, hope you are having a great Monday!  My Monday was not too bad, got a few things done around the apartment I wanted to get done today but I did not get my new tires.  There was a pool party over here at our pool, so I thought I would go, not a whole lot of people there though.  Anyway, I had rolled up there and rolled home, when I got home my right tire had either been punctured or the tube had gotten pinched and it went flat.  I have a spare set of wheels and tires in my closet so I just put that on.  This has the old style of handrims on here where they do not have any space between wheel and handrim, they are different in that way from my new ones.  These really hurt your forearms while pushing.  I kept the new one on the left side since it was alright.  I am hoping to get a call saying that my tires came in, so I can get that done tomorrow.  Besides that I did not do much today, got a good nap in around 2.  So anyway, let me get to the good stuff!

Star Wars Day!  Not a whole lot of Star Wars news out right now that I haven't talked about already so I guess I will just start some for myself.  Some rumors if you will, I have one.  As a lot of you know, Disney purchased Star Wars from George Lucas a few years ago and you know that they will continue after Episode IX, which is the final trilogy for the whole Skywalker story.  They did not buy Star Wars to end the series and not keep going, so what is next.  We know that all the side Star Wars movies, like Solo and Rogue One, have been put on hold for now.  In 2019, Disney will be launching it's own streaming service and there has been some talk about what Star Wars will be putting on there and the biggest thing that might be coming to that service is a live action Star Wars project.  I hope it is something that has not been touched on before, something like the old republic or something.  Not sure about anyone else but I am tired of seeing stuff about either the resistance or the rebellion.  Now I loved Rogue One, that is the best Star Wars movie that has come out since Disney bought Star Wars, and Rebels but I want to see something totally different.  Something like the history of the Jedi or Sith would be great, maybe a Yoda origin show would be pretty cool.  Guess we will have to wait for next year to see what will be done, hopefully we get some good news soon.

Something real quick I want to talk on, even though I do not know the specifics in this but that shooting down in Orlando, it was over a damn video game tournament.  That just shows that there is a huge mental health problem in this country and people do really need to take this stuff seriously, that would stop a lot of these shootings.  If that kid that did the shooting was not always on his ass playing video games and got out a little bit then this may not have happened.  So I guess this is a parent issue as well, because ultimately that is what it comes down to.  I hope something gets done about this soon.

Here is another quick one, from what I read in this article it will take a little longer to pass marijuana legalization here in America for a few different reasons, this article gives three accounts.  I will talk a little about them but let you read the article and let you figure it out.  I can speak on the history of legalizing marijuana, it was listed as a schedule 1 narcotic in the 1920's for a very stupid reason, because it made white women fall for black men.  There was even a movie on this called Reefer Madness.  That is so stupid, it was propaganda to it's fullest.  Clips of this movie were shown to school children to get them to say no to marijuana and it seemed to work as most of the people in Congress now are old men and women who were probably shown this as a kid and that is why they do not trust cannabis or marijuana.  The first issue, of course, is about money and how to tax it.  Now I did not totally understand all of this so maybe you can.  We just do not know how to tax it, what sort of tax it would be or where to start.  That is why Canada legalizing marijuana is huge, so other countries can figure out how to tax the drug.  Second is on safety, it is really hard to measure the effects of THC with people as everyone has a different tolerance for the drug.  As soon as they figure out the specifications of it then it might move forward.  Last is about politics and I kind of glazed over this one in the article, they say that it is not politically polarizing yet.  I think we are getting close to that point.  Anyway, here is that article; https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/3-biggest-hurdles-legalizing-marijuana-154100464.html

Well, that is it for me tonight.  I really hope that all of you have a great day or night, take care!





























Comments

Popular Posts