So, I am back for the second time today.  Let's see how this goes.  So, I would like to talk more about the election from the other day.  This is a very important time in America, of course everyday is an important time to me.  I am only going to spend a small amount of time talking about the presidential election and talk more on the races that affect me the most.  Of course these are the races for city or state office in Missouri.

First, I will go and talk about the presidential race.  Ok, Donald Trump won, do you know why this is important?  It is because he is the first non politician to be elected president in the modern era, I think that is pretty big.  Once everyone gets over the shock that Hillary Clinton lost, thank God for that, they will see that his election is pretty big.  He is a very polarizing figure but then again most people that seek the presidency are kinda poarizing.  Maybe not, say some people, he is a bigot and racist.  Well, show me one instance where he has said something racist or been a bigot to someone?  Many of the supporters of Hillary Clinton cannot recall anything like that, they are just using name calling.  I am not saying that Trump has not used name calling before, just not to the level of disgust that some are showing him.  Thinking that their lives are over, that nothing good will happen as long as he is president.  There have been some that are calling for an assassination, that is taking it way to far.  It does not matter how much I disagree with anyone, I would never say anything like that.  People just need to step back and take a break.  This country is not going to go through whole sale changes, Trump is not trying to be a dictator and death squads are not being formed to hunt down Hillary Clinton supporters.  Things will work out.

Now, on to more important matters.  Or at least, things that will impact me more and a lot of my readers.  The race for Jay Nixon's seat in Jeff City was won by Eric Greitens.  It appears, from my limited research, that he has never held any significant office before, he is a former Navy Seal and has started a non profit to help veterans called The Mission Continues.  Some things that he stands for are; supports medical marijuana, supporting veterans, is not a fan of "career politicians", is the first Jewish governor for Missouri and that was about all I could find for Mr. Greitens.  Hope he does a good job, otherwise he will get a call or email from me.

One of the main state races I paid attention to was the race to unseat Roy Blunt, who I am not a fan of quite a few reasons.  He got re-elected so we are going to have to put up with him for a while longer.  Some of the reasons why I do not like him is because of his son, Matt Blunt, who was governor of Missouri when I came down with GBS and he would not help me with any of my problems.  When I first tried to get a hold of him over the phone, he would hand it off to one of his staffers who was pretty incompetent, much like he was for the state.  Soon he would not take my calls or reply to my emails I sent him.  Also, he is from Springfield, which is a nice city but while he was governor he would use state resources to be driven from Springfield to Jefferson City and back home every night.  That was a huge waste of the states resources, such as the state patrol as he had to have a six car convoy while traveling.  So while he was governor he didn't stay in the governors mansion, thought he was too good for it so he used tax dollars to have himself driven everyday, which is a little over two hour drive.  Still upset about him so that is why I do not vote for Roy Blunt, even though I am considered a conservative, because he is not one.

There were two issues for a new cigarette tax and they were worded strangely on purpose, so it would pass.  But, the people did their research and it failed!  Happy about that, I do not smoke but I know a lot who do and that tax would have hurt the working people of the state.  Also, the soil tax passed which is not a new tax but a renewal of the old tax, which is fine by me, it helps farmers from what I know.  I did not care as much about this next one though, campaign contributions limit.  It passed but does not affect me as much, probably really does but I am unaware.  The services tax, which would be a tax on services you get in the state of Missouri did not pass, that is good news for me.  Requirement of a valid ID to vote passed, which I think is a good thing.  Do not let the liberals fool you into thinking it is a racist issue because it is not, anyone can get a valid photo ID.

Well, that is pretty much it.  There were smaller election tidbits I didn't cover but I agree with them.  Maybe tomorrow or in a few days I will go on a rant about what I do not like about our system of government, that will be a lot of fun, will need to spend a lot of time on that.  Anyway, I am off to sleep, have a good night or day everyone.  Take care.

Comments

Popular Posts